Things to know before you go for Eyebrow Lifting (Istanbul, Turkey)
Preparation and post care for beautiful eyebrows.
By Kath Wong | November 13 2019
Eyebrow lifting can help to reshape and improve your facial appearance in the selected areas including eyebrows, eyes, as well as forehead by an aesthetic surgery procedure. Your eyebrows tend to drop down as the skin becomes saggy due to aging, making you look tired or even unhappy all the time. No one wants that, I assure. As eyebrows have huge impact on facial expressions, it is important to consider reshaping them by getting them lifted and say goodbye to droopy eyebrows.
Before getting the treatment
Firstly, a doctor consultant is a must-do. Be prepared to answer the following questions as the doctor will have to review your medical history regarding your past medical conditions:
- Are you currently taking any medications or have any past record of medications?
- Have you undergone any surgery?
- Are you allergic to any medications?
A physical exam will be done by the doctor and measurements of different parts of your face will be taken to determine your treatment options. Other instructions may be given such as:
- No smoking days before and after the treatment as smoking decreases blood flow and healing process may be slowed.
- Certain medications should be avoided as it can prolong bleeding (anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, herbal supplements, etc.)
- It is recommended to have someone to take care of you after the treatment and at least the first 24 hours of your recovery.
After the treatment
There are also some instructions the doctor would specify for an effective recovery:
- Cold compresses should be applied to relieve swelling.
- Take pain medication as recommended.
- Keep your head elevated while you rest.
Sutures will be removed within 7-10 days of the treatment and irritations may occur temporarily for 3-5 days after the treatment at your incisions. The possible complications may also occur but take note that they are absolutely rare – these include infection, complications with eyebrow movement, and the loss of sensation around the incision site. On the other hand, contact the doctor immediately in cases where you experience shortness of breath, chest pain, irregular heartbeats, excessive swelling or bleeding with fever over 37°C.
Browse through here for more information and to make a booking.