Lose Arm Fat With Arm Lift Surgery (Bangkok, Thailand)
Going sleeveless has never been so comfortable.
By Azra Shuib | November 19 2019
As you age or lose a significant amount of body weight, your upper arm skin can become droopy. Or if you’ve had a bariatric surgery, you might see and feel the irritating loose skin.Surgery was a success, but now you are left with another flabby problem.
In some cases, an arm lift procedure, or brachioplasty (‘brachio’ means arm and ‘plasty’ means reshaping) can help with alleviating your discomfort. Here’s what you need to know.
Brachioplasty, also known as an arm lift, is a surgical procedure that aims to smoothen your skin by trimming down excess skin and fat between the underarm and the elbow. If you have dangling, drooping or sagging skin on your upper arm, which is an inescapable outcome of aging, an arm lift can give you smoother, toner, and well-defined balanced skin.
Although exercise can shape your arms, exercise cannot help shape inelastic skin, weakened tissues and localized fat deposits.
Before undergoing the surgery, you should expect a medical history review with your doctor. You should share your medical conditions, concerns as well as the medications that you are currently taking. And discuss with your doctor about your expectations to ensure you’ll be adequately informed.
Arm lift is done using direct excision (removal by cutting), or a combination of liposuction followed by direct excision. Incisions are made at the inside or back of your arms. Then, tissue in the upper arm is tightened and reshaped. Lastly, the skin is pulled back over the remaining tissue and incision is stitched up.
Patients who undergo this surgery are always satisfied with the results, but significant fluctuations in weight will negate the results of the surgery. So post arm lift care, as mentioned below, is important for you to follow and adhere to:
- Strictly follow a balanced diet of low fat and carbohydrates, high fibre, raw greens and fruits.
- Sutures in the arm will allow only limited movement. Such decreased activity can promote constipation. Hence, raw fruits, bread, cereals and a diet containing lot of fibre must be included.
- The pain medication prescribed should be taken consciously. Aspirin should be avoided as it has a tendency to cause gastric ulcers.
- Alcohol should be avoided for at least 3 weeks after surgery as it could interact with pain medication to cause complications such as fluid retention.
- Smoking must not resume until your scars have healed off completely, as nicotine in blood slows down healing and can increase complication risks.
And just a little reminder, if you have diabetes or any medical condition that might inhibit fast healing such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol level and a weak immune system, you are recommended not to undergo an arm lift procedure. It might hinder recovery time and put you at more risks.
If you are thinking about an arm lift procedure with an experienced doctor and at an affordable destination, why not Bangkok? By booking with Trambellir, you will get the best treatment during your travels, and go back home looking better and amazing!
Click here for more info and to make a booking.