Get Your Camera-Ready Smile With Porcelain Veneers
Stain-resistant teeth with the perfect shape and length
By Azra Shuib | January 22 2020
If you have long wished for the perfect teeth and smile like Hollywood’s famous celebrities, it’s time to achieve that with porcelain veneers. It enhances your smile, prevents discoloration and it’s also low maintenance.
Veneers does not only restore damaged teeth—they can also improve the aesthetics of your teeth. This is done by attaching a thin layer of restorative material composed of porcelain placed over a tooth surface, or, altering the shape of your teeth to cover any irregularities. So, porcelain veneers can change the shape, size and colour of your teeth.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
・Improves minor teeth problems such as badly stained teeth, chipped teeth, minor cracks, small gaps between teeth and superficial misalignment
・Improves aesthetic appearance of teeth
・Improves irregular shaped teeth
・Improves the color of teeth (with the placement of a thin porcelain layer)
・Long-lasting (10 years, with proper care)
・Stronger and more natural-looking than composite veneers
1. Consultation will be done to determine your suitability to get porcelain veneers.
2. About 1/2 mm of your tooth enamel will be removed from the tooth surface.
3. Impressions of your tooth/teeth will be made.
4. The prepared veneer (which takes 2-4 weeks) will be temporarily placed on your tooth and trimmed as needed in order to achieve a proper fit. Veneer color can also be adjusted at this stage.
5. The veneer will then be removed for cleaning and polishing to take place. Etching will also be performed to help roughen the tooth up to help the bonding process between your tooth and the veneer.
6. A special cement will be applied to the veneer before it is finally placed on your tooth. A special light beam will be directed onto the dental veneer which activates chemicals in the cement, causing the cement to harden quickly.
7. Any excess cement will then be trimmed off.
Generally, the procedure will take about 1 to 2 hours, depending on your condition. The procedure is not painful for most people, although you might feel a little discomfort when the veneer is being fitted.
Although being stain-resistant, proper care of porcelain veneers is still necessary to maintain oral health. But it doesn’t require a lot of effort. Brushing twice a day and flossing are needed, as well as regular checkups with your dentist. Easy maintenance, but you get to enjoy long-lasting pearly white smile. It’s also important to note that after getting your porcelain veneers, you should avoid eating hard foods like toast, nuts or hard candy. Also refrain from biting hard fruits like apples and pears.
Getting Your Porcelain Veneers
If you are going to Bangkok, Phuket or Ho Chi Minh City, you can book for a procedure to get the teeth of your dreams with reasonable prices. Just click the links below to discover your opportunities: