· Those interested in effective acne treatment(s) in Bangkok, Thailand.
· Those with active/inflamed acne.
· Those with comedonal acne.
· Those who wish to eliminate acne from their face and body.
· Those who wish to have clear and flawless skin.
What is Acne Treatment?
There are various types of blemishes that associate with acne, such as whiteheads, blackheads, pustules (pimples), papules, cysts, and nodules. Acne treatment at our affiliated hospital consists of 2 different treatments, comedone extraction and steroid injection, depending on the severity of your acne.
Also, a combination of extraction and injection can be performed in the case where your acne swells or the redness is overwhelmed.
Comedone extraction works by extracting the acne manually with specific tools used, ensuring a neat process, and no visible scars left behind. In the case where acne is large in size, do allow temporary scars to form which can be healed later on with skin solutions.
Another procedure available at our affiliated hospital is a steroid injection. Steroid injection, also known as cortisone shot, is used to help in the short-term relief of inflammation and aids in shrinking large acne cysts. Cortisone shots are known to reduce redness, swelling, and pain of severe inflammatory acne breakouts within a few days after the injection.
Acne Treatment Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of skin and acne condition
2. Cleansing off oiliness from the skin
3. Blackheads (open comedones) will be removed with gentle pressure around the pore opening
4. Whiteheads (closed comedones) will be removed by incision with large needle or a blade
5. Injection of steroid (cortisone shots) may be done after or just a single treatment alone
6. Skin cleansing
7. Application of healing balm
Advantages and Limitations of Acne Treatment
· Clears the acne
· Removes blackheads and whiteheads
· Reduces active and inflamed acne
· Reduces redness and swelling of acne
· Few sessions may be needed for ideal results
Q1: Can I do comedone extraction by myself?
A1: Extracting by yourself has the high possibility of scarring and skin irritation.
Q2: How often do I have to come for the extraction?
A2: Extraction is not a one-off thing; it is advised to limit extraction to once or twice a month.
Q3: How does comedone look like?
A3: Comedones look like little bumps across the skins' surface by the swollen follicles.
Q4: Can steroid injection cause more acne?
A4: It is a common side effect to have steroid acne; discontinuation of the steroid after treating acne can clear up the outbreak.
Q5: How long does it take for acne to disappear with a cortisone shot?
A5: Acne cysts shrink within 4 to 8 hrs after the injection and will continue to improve over the next few days after.
[Hospital Name] Thonburi Bamrungmuang Hospital
[Location] Bangkok, Thailand
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] A 10 mins drive from Siam BTS station; 5 mins drive from Hua Lamphong MRT station; 5 mins drive from National Stadium BTS station;
[Hospital Opening Time] 24 hrs
20 - 60 mins
1 - 2 days
Number of Postoperative Visit
No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date