It Is Suitable For
· Those in Seoul, South Korea for a week or more.
· Those with loose or sagging skin around the eyes.
· Those with drooping eyelids that obstruct vision.
· Those who want to eliminate puffy and baggy eyes.
· Those who want more youthful eyelids contour.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Typically, aging leads to a loss of flexibility at the eyelids, and causes wrinkles, swellings and loose or sagging skin around the eyes. In some cases, vision is affected. All of these issues can be solved by undergoing blepharoplasty (for upper and lower eyelids).
Blepharoplasty is a surgery done to fix eye or eyelid-related aesthetic issues.
How It Works
· For Upper Eyelid Blepharoplasty:
Also known as eyelid lift, it is a procedure that aims to improve heavy-looking eyelids by removing excess fat and/or skin. This procedure can also improve field of vision. During the treatment, incisions will be usually made along the natural crease of eyelid to allow removal of skin and fat deposits. A thin stitch will then be used to bring the skin together.
· For Lower Eyelid Blepharoplasty with Transconjunctival Fat Removal:
This treatment is for those lower eyelid wrinkles and puffiness or eyebags. It involves incision inside the lower eyelid (transconjunctival incision). This internal incision can hide any surgical scars following the surgery, resulting in a natural look. In the procedure, portions of the fat pad will be removed or repositioned for a fresher and more rejuvenated appearance. The skin will then be tightened to smooth out wrinkles.
The general procedure of blepharoplasty procedures will look like this:
1. Overall eye condition will be examined.
2. The incision area will be predicted.
3. Anesthesia will be administered.
4. An opening of the skin at the predetermined area will be made.
5. Excess fat and/or skin will be removed.
6. The incision will be closed with ultra-fine threads. For Transconjunctival Fat Removal, no stitches will be needed as the tiny incision will heal on its own.
7. Patients should return after 5 to 7 days after the treatment for the removal of threads.
Advantages and Limitations of Blepharoplasty
· Gives a younger look
· Removes wrinkles and sagging skin around the eyes
· Long-lasting results
· Gives a better vision for those with heavy upper eyelids
· No more eyebags or puffy eyes
· General surgery risks such as infection, bleeding, scarring, eyelid problems etc
· Downtime of 2 to 3 weeks
· Final results become visible after 2 to 3 months
· Elevate your head and use cold compresses as much as possible after surgery to reduce swelling.
· Avoid strenuous activities for 7 to 10 days.
· Avoid drinking and smoking for at least 2 to 3 weeks.
· Avoid rubbing your eyes.
· Do not put on contact lenses until you are cleared to do so.
· Put on dark sunglasses and avoid sun exposure for too long.
Q1: Can I continue wearing contact lens and glasses after the procedure?
A1: On the day of the surgery, please bring your glasses or sunglasses to avoid irritating the eyes. You can only continue wearing your contact lens after your eyelid has healed, that is when it feels comfortable and can close well.
Q2: Do I have to change my glasses after the treatment?
A2: You may need to change your eyeglass prescription, but please wait until at least 2 months after surgery to get a new prescription to allow your eyes to get comfortable.
Q3: Will there be any side effects?
A3: The surgery can cause eye dryness since the eyes may not close fully during the recovery period. Please use the lubricating ointment provided by the doctor when necessary and follow the doctor's post-care tips to get faster healing.
Q4: Will the swelling after the surgery affect my daily life?
A4: Swelling and internal bleeding may happen for about a week, and then they will gradually subside. Please take plenty of rest during recovery.
Q5: How long will the results last?
A5: The result of this treatment is often long-lasting but may be affected by continuous aging.
[Clinic Name] Banobagi Plastic & Aesthetic Clinic
[Location] Seoul, South Korea
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance from Yeoksam Station Exit 6 and Eonju Station Exit 7. Surrounded by a lot of eateries and hotels.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:30AM - 6:30PM) ; Saturday (9:30AM - 4:00PM)