· Those who want a safe botox procedure in Fukuoka, Japan.
· Those who want to eliminate wrinkles, frown lines, and fine lines.
· Those who want to reduce the size of their jawline.
· Those who want to treat hyperhidrosis.
· Those who want to balance a gummy smile.
What is Botox?
Botox or Botulinum toxin is a protein and neurotoxin produced by a bacteria known as Clostridium Botulinum. Botox injection is a non-invasive method of injecting a protein into the tissues to paralyze and weaken the muscles that are responsible for the lines and wrinkles on our face. It is an effective anti-wrinkle treatment with high satisfaction rates in the aesthetics industry.
Allergan Botox Vista
Our affiliated clinic uses Botox Vista manufactured by Allergan Corporation. Allergan is a well-known brand in the medical as well as medical aesthetics industry. It is a prescription medicine for adults that is injected into muscles and used for a short period of time (temporary) to improve wrinkles by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles.
Estimated use for the price is forehead + eyebrows + crow's feet / masseter muscle / 2 sites for hyperhidrosis / calves contouring.
Second botox used at our affiliated clinic is Neuronox, which is manufactured in Korea. It is popular across Asia and has been cleared by the FDA for its safety and quality, this is often used to reduce wrinkles, masseter muscle size, treat hyperhidrosis and contour calves.
Estimated use for the price is forehead + eyebrows + crow's feet / masseter muscle / 1 calf / 1 site of hyperhidrosis.
How It Works
Facial wrinkles are caused by repeated facial movements such as speaking, laughing and crying. These expressions train the muscles and cause contraction, which will then form wrinkles. Botox is a type of protein extract that can weaken the action of the neurotransmitter called ‘acetylcholine’. When nerve transmission is blocked, muscles cannot be moved excessively, thus smoothing away and preventing wrinkles.
<For Masseter Muscle>
This treatment is ideal if you have bruxism, or teeth grinding in which you clench your teeth even when unconscious, which leads to frequent headaches and the wearing out of teeth. When teeth grinding occurs out of habit, the muscles around the jaw (masseter muscle) can expand, which makes your face look more square and bigger. Botox can prevent bruxism by suppressing muscle movement, leading to the thinning of the muscle, and alleviating teeth grinding and headaches. Overtime, your face will have a softer contour and smaller size.
If you experience excessive sweating that gets in the way of daily life, Botox injection can help. It is approved by the FDA to treat hyperhidrosis by blocking the neurotransmitter that activates the sweat glands. When your nerves can’t signal your sweat glands, you don’t sweat at the injected area.
<For Calves Contouring>
When botox is injected into the calf muscle, the toxin can paralyze certain nerves and prevent the muscles from contracting fully. When the muscles relax, thinning of the muscles occurs since there is no movement. Overtime, this will slim down the calves.
Procedure for Botox
1. The targeted area will be examined to determine the number of injections needed.
2. Targeted areas will be cleansed and disinfected.
3. A numbing cream will be applied over the targeted area(s).
4. Botox will be injected into the targeted area(s).
5. End of treatment. You can shower, take a bath and do makeup straight away after treatment.
Advantages and Limitations of Botox
· Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
· Quick procedure, proven results
· A low-risk procedure
· Possible temporary side effects such as headaches, bruises or pain at the injection area
· Revisits are required to maintain results (once or twice a year)
Botox Post Care
· Other facial treatments should not be done for at least 7 days after Botox injection at the facial areas
· Come for follow up as scheduled (if any)
· Refrain from doing strenuous activities for 24hrs after the procedure
Contraindications for Botox
· Allergic/ had an allergic reaction to botulinum toxin product.
· Those who have skin infection at the planned treatment site.
· Those who are being treated for urinary incontinence, or have urinary tract infection (UTI).
· Patients with systemic neuromuscular junction disorders (eg myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
· Those who are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Botox can harm unborn babies.
· Those who are breastfeeding, or planning to do so. It is not known if Botox passes into breast milk.
· Those who are on treatment with multiple botulinum toxin products
Q1: Will the injection cause bruising?
A1: A little bruising and headache are common, however they will fade in a few hours. If the headache and other symptoms like nausea last for more than 48 hours, then you are advised to contact your practitioner.
Q2: Will the results be visible after treatment?
A2: Usually, patients will start seeing results in 3 to 7 days, But maximum results may take up to 2 weeks.
Q3: How many injections would I need?
A3: This largely depends on the individual. Consultation with the doctor can help to determine this.
Q4: Will my face look 'frozen' after the treatment?
A4: This depends on your desired look. Some patients do prefer the 'frozen' look, and others do not. It's important to discuss your expectations with the doctor so you can get a satisfying result.
Q5: Will anesthesia be given?
A5: Numbing cream will be applied for each injection.
Q6: How long will the results last?
A6: Botox may last up to 3 to 4 months. Therefore, the recommended treatment interval is once every 3 to 4 months. But if you notice that your facial muscles have begun to contract less, the interval can be extended longer than 4 months. Consultation with the doctor is needed to determine this.
[Clinic Name] The Clinic
[Location] Fukuoka, Japan
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Around 5 mins walk from Tenjin Station Exit 2 and about 5 mins walk from Nishitetsu Tenjin Station North Exit. Clinic is nearby shops and eateries.
[Clinic Opening Time] Everyday (10:00AM-7:00PM)
10 - 15 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
Patients are required to fill in the counseling form and agreement prior to the treatment.
Include In This Price
Tax, Interpreter Fee, Anesthesia Fee, Post-operative Medical Examination Fee, Medicine Fee