· Those in Tokyo interested in calf botox procedure.
· Those with fine lines on their calves.
· Those who wish to improve their calves' contour.
· Those who wish to regain smooth and youthful-looking calves.
· Those who wish to tighten skin on their calves.
What is Calf Botox Injection?
Botox injection has always been a well-known procedure for treating wrinkles; for this treatment, Botox will be used to perform contouring on the calves.
Large calves can be caused by exercises, sports, or wearing high heels on a frequent basis. They can also appear asymmetrical in terms of size. Calf Botox is an injection done with the aim to reduce the size of the calves and give a slimmer contour by using controlled muscle atrophy. Those with naturally large calves can benefit from botox injection to get smaller lower legs. Injections are done to the gastrocnemius muscle, which is the muscle that gives the calf its definition.
How It Works
When botox is injected into the calf muscle, the toxin can paralyze certain nerves and prevent the muscles from contracting fully. When the muscles relax, thinning of the muscles occurs since there is no movement. Over time, this will slim down the calves.
Calf Botox Procedure
1. The targeted area will be examined to determine the injection area(s). You may be asked to flex your calf muscles during the examination
2. Targeted areas will be cleansed and disinfected
3. A numbing cream will be applied to the targeted area(s)
4. Botox will be injected into the targeted area(s). You will be lying face down while injections are administered
5. End of treatment
Advantages and Limitations of Calf Botox
· Gives a balanced, more feminine contour of the calves
· Quick procedure, proven results
· A low-risk procedure
· Possible temporary side effects such as redness, pain, and discomfort at the treated area
· Revisits are required to maintain results (once a year)
· Some patients with large and trained muscles may need more than 2 treatments within a month to get a more significant result.
Calf Botox Post Care
· Come for follow up as scheduled (if any)
· Refrain from doing strenuous activities for 24hrs after the procedure
· Results can be affected by intense activities. If you wish to maintain a slim look, please avoid excessive calf exercising
Contraindications for Calf Botox
· Allergic/ had an allergic reaction to botulinum toxin product
· Those who have skin infection at the planned treatment site
· Those who are being treated for urinary incontinence, or have urinary tract infection (UTI)
· Patients with systemic neuromuscular junction disorders (eg myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
· Those who are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Botox can harm unborn babies
· Those who are breastfeeding, or planning to do so. It is not known if Botox passes into breast milk
· Those who are on treatment with multiple botulinum toxin products
Q1: Will the treatment affect the way I walk?
A1: There is no recovery time for this procedure. You can resume normal activity like walking immediately after treatment. But wait for 24 to 48 hrs before engaging in strenuous activities or intense exercises.
Q2: Will the results be visible after treatment?
A2: Usually, patients will start seeing results after 2 weeks, and full results may take up to 2 months. Some patients may need a second session to get a more significant result.
Q3: How many injections would I need?
A3: The dosage largely depends on the individual. Usually, 40 to 100 units of Botox would be injected into each calf muscle. Consultation with the doctor can help to determine the number of injections needed.
Q4: Can this procedure treat stubborn fat deposits in the calf region?
A4: Botox is a muscle relaxant injection to treat excessively muscular calves. For those with stubborn fat deposits in the region, treatments such as radiofrequency or coolsculpting can be useful.
Q5: How long will the results last?
A5: Results can last up to 6 months. However, longevity of results can be affected by intense workouts that train the calf muscles.
[Clinic Name] Aoyama Celes Clinic
[Location] Tokyo, Japan
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walk to commuter/metro station, 4 mins walk to art gallery, 4 mins walk to FamilyMart, 5 mins walk to medical center, walking distance to many restaurants and banks
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (9:30AM - 8:00PM)
10 - 30 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
Once booking is made, penalty fees will be charged for any cancellation of appointment.