It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for fast turanaround time COVID-19 Testing in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those with symptoms and wish to screen for COVID-19 especially.
· Those with travel history to affected countries of COVID-19.
· Those with possible close contact with the infected persons.
· Those who in-offices contacts who need on-site screening in groups.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease which is caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
The virus has the ability to spread during close contact by small droplets produced when the infected person(s) cough, sneeze or talk. A contaminated surface touched can lead to the infection as hands could accidentally transfer the virus to the face. Coronavirus can remain and survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours, and the first 3 days after symptoms appear are the most contagious period, although there is also a possibility of spreading before seeing the symptoms as well as in the later stages of the disease.
This package is done by Liew clinic and they only offer on-site COVID-19 screenings for the convenient of employers and office workers.
Potential COVID-19 infected individuals will present symptoms like:
· Runny nose
· Sore throat
· Difficulty breathing
· Chest pain
· Loss of sense for taste and smell
How It Works
Our affiliated clinic offers two different options of screening:
· RTK Antigen
· RT-PCR Test
Both are done by the procedure of nasopharyngeal swab sample.
COVID-19 Test Services with Our Affiliated Clinic
Depending on the type of test done, turnaround time may take from 3 to 48 hrs. Our affiliate, Liew Clinic now only offers the on-site screening especially for arranged group package. You may make a booking at least 2 days prior and Liew Clinic team will arrive at your given destination to proceed with the procedures chosen.
RTK Antigen Vs. RTK Antibody
· Thoroughly screens entire body's antigen
· Detects COVID-19 Virus
· Uses nasopharyngeal swab samples
· Positive results mean one is having the virus
· Helpful tool to detect presence of COVID-19
· Screens antibodies
· Detects antibodies only 7 to 14 days after infected to the virus
· Uses blood as samples
· Positive results mean one has been infected but unable to detect whether the virus still presents
· Negative results may not necessarily mean one is not infected
· Doesn't really help with early detection of COVID-19
Advantages and Limitations of COVID-19 Rapid Test
· Fast and accurate procedure
· Safe and no risk in exposure
· Detects antigens in the blood
· Results for PCR may need longer time to produce
Q1: Is the test accurate?
A1: Compared to the conventional RTK Antibody testing, RTK Antigen Testing is more accurate.
Q2: What if I tested positive?
A2: Those who tested positive will have to follow the rules and safety regulations guided by MOH and will be put in quarantine at the nearest facility.
Q3: Will the test be painful?
A3: It will rather be a little bit uncomfortable but not painful.
Q4: Why can't rapid test be used as sole basis for diagnosis?
A4: Only rapid test of RTK Antibody can't be used as sole basis for diagnosis. RTK Antigen is now widely used as sole basis for diagnosis especially those that need fast turnaround time.
Q5: How soon can the results come out?
A5: Results can be out as soon as 30 to 45 mins.
Q6: I have recently traveled back to Malaysia but have not shown any symptoms. Will this test help me screen better than RT-PCR?
A6: For those who are not showing any symptoms or simply in a safe spot to wait for 2 to 3 days until results are out, it would be better if you go for RT-PCR test instead. If you are urgently in need of the results test, RTK Antigen test is especially for you.
[Clinic Name] Liew Clinic
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Located in the business center area, the nearest bus station is only 5 mins away and conveniently located near friendly amenities.
[Clinic Opening Time] Saturday (1:00PM - 2:00PM); Sunday (9:00AM - 10:00AM)
||10 - 30 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Our affiliated clinic is not liable for any issues with regard to non-acceptance of the result or report produced by any party
||Once testing is done and report is released, charged fees will be non-refundable
|Include In This Price
||10 Boulevard, B-2-18, Block B, Lebuhraya SPRINT, PJU 6A, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor