· Those in Kuala Lumpur who need testing for COVID-19.
· Those with concerns regarding COVID-19.
· Those with signs and symptoms of possible infection.
· Those with possible close contact with the infected persons.
· Those who want to undergo early diagnosis to proceed with treatment or prevent the disease.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease which is caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
The virus has the ability to spread during close contact by small droplets produced when the infected ones cough, sneeze or talk. A contaminated surface touched can lead to the infection as hands could accidentally transfer the virus to the face. Coronavirus can remain and survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours; the first 3 days after symptoms appear are the most contagious period, although there is also a possibility of spreading before seeing the symptoms as well as in the later stages of the disease.
Symptoms that can be observed ranging from 2 to 14 days after exposure are:
· Runny nose
· Sore throat
· Difficulty breathing
COVID-19 Screening Service
As Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is currently a major concern worldwide, our affiliated hospital has provided COVID-19 screening service. Appointments must be made prior to the test.
RT-PCR is the method that would be used by our affiliated hospital to test for COVID-19. The process takes about 10 mins and the results will be informed within 36 to 72 hrs.
RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) detection can be assessed by taking a known amount of virus to check for the results. This is done by performing nasopharyngeal swab on patients. Samples of nasal and throat secretions will be collected and sent to test.
COVID-19 Screening Procedure
1. Head on towards the Emergency Room
2. Fill in a form
3. The medical staff will attend to you and get your swabs
Advantages and Limitations of COVID-19 Screening
· Fast and effective procedure
· Safe and sterile environment
· Get immediate results within 36 to 72 hrs
· Some discomfort may be experienced while obtaining the samples
Also Offered At Other RSDHC Hospitals
COVID-19 tests are also available at:
· Subang Jaya Medical Centre
· ParkCity Medical Centre
All tests will be run and conducted in-hospital.
Q1: Will the test be painful?
A1: Bearable discomfort may be experienced during the swab.
Q2: Is the price the same for all range of age? What if I also want to test for my children?
A2: Yes, the price is the same nonetheless.
[Clinic Name] Ara Damansara Medical Centre (Emergency Department)
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] A 20 mins drive from MRT Kota Damansara; 25 mins drive from IKEA Damansara
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Friday (9:00AM - 4:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 1:00PM)
10 - 30 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date.