It Is Suitable For
· Those in Kuala Lumpur for at least 2 weeks or more.
· Those with healthy oocytes or eggs.
· Those with future plans on having children.
· Those who wish to preserve their oocytes for medical reasons.
· Those who wish to delay having children.
What is Egg Freezing?
Egg Freezing, also known scientifically as Oocyte Cryopreservation, is a process that involves stimulating women's ovaries with hormones to produce multiple eggs, retrieving the eggs from the ovaries and taking them to the lab and cool to subzero temperatures for storage and thawed at a later date. The procedure is done for a number of reasons; the main reason is to save women's ability to get pregnant in the future.
At the later date when women are ready for the pregnancy, the frozen egg can be thawed to combine with sperm in the lab and proceed with implantation into the uterus (in vitro fertilization).
Why Egg Freezing?
Egg Freezing is an effective option for women who are not ready to become pregnant at the current age but are planning to and wish to have a guarantee for the success rate in the future. Unlike embryo cryopreservation, egg freezing does not require sperm to perform pre-fertilization before it is put in a frozen state.
You may consider egg freezing when:
· You have health-related concerns or conditions that might affect your fertility, for instance, sickle cell anemia and autoimmune diseases.
· You have to undergo treatments for cancer or illnesses that might affect your ability to get pregnant; for example, radiation or chemotherapy can harm fertility, it is recommended to perform egg freezing prior to those treatments.
· You are undergoing in vitro fertilization.
· You would like to preserve younger matured oocytes now for future use.
Egg Freezing Package at Our Affiliated Clinic
· Done from Day 2 or Day 3 of menses
· Package is exclusive of blood test (ANSHC & AMH), New Fret (first) Consultation & Scan.
<Medication for Stimulation>
· Maximum FSH/hMG dosage: 375iu per day to stimulate the ovaries
· Medication to induce ovulation or final maturation of the eggs
<Oocyte Pick-Up (OPU)>
· Process of collecting mature eggs directly from the ovaries. During the procedure, sedation will be given.
· Package is exclusive of pain management post-OPU, oral antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, oocytes freezing.
· Package is inclusive if 1-year storage fee
How It Works
Egg Freezing is a minimally invasive procedure. The procedure is monitored with the ultrasound measurement of ovarian follicles and estradiol levels. When the follicles are mature, HCG is administered to complete the maturation process. The eggs are harvested 36 hours thereafter with the use of ultrasound-guided transvaginal aspiration. Mature oocytes are then cryopreserved and stored. Later on, when the woman wants to use her cryopreserved oocytes, they are thawed, and those which survive are fertilized through Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI).
Pre-Egg Freezing Preparation
Prior to the procedure, patients would have to go through some screening blood tests, including:
· Ovarian Reserve Testing - The doctor might test the concentration of follicle-stimulating hormone and estradiol in the patient's blood on day 3 of the menstrual cycle to determine the quantity and quality of the eggs.
· Infectious Disease Screening - Patients will be screened for certain infectious diseases such as HIV and hepatitis B and C.
Egg Freezing Procedure
1. Consultation regarding the procedure and possible risks
2. Blood tests for health confirmation
3. Applications of hormones to grow multiple oocytes (10 to 12 days)
4. Oocytes maturing process
5. Application of sedation
6. Eggs (oocytes) retrieval with the use of ultrasound
7. Eggs retrieved to freeze
Advantages and Limitations of Egg Freezing
· Allows patients to delay having children
· Safe procedure
· Protects the eggs from any disease/damage before undergoing invasive medical treatments
· Increases the chances for a successful pregnancy for women who want to postpone motherhood
· Risk of temporary post-procedure soreness, abdominal cramping or spotting which could last up to a few days.
Q1: How long does the process take?
A1: The egg freezing process from start to finish typically takes 2 weeks, but may be longer for some people.
Q2: Is the procedure before egg retrieval painful?
A2: Some women experience bloating and discomfort during ovarian stimulation which is similar to PMS symptoms.
Q3: Is egg retrieval painful?
A3: The egg retrieval is done under light sedation and patients will not feel pain during the procedure.
Q4: Is there any side effect of egg freezing?
A4: In rare cases around less than 5%, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) may occur during ovarian stimulation process. OHSS is associated with swollen, enlarged ovaries and the collection of fluid in the abdominal cavity.
Q5: Will there be any side effects after the egg retrieval process?
A5: After the egg retrieval, patients may experience spotting, cramping, and nausea for a few days.
Q6: For how long can eggs be kept frozen?
A6: There is no expiration on the eggs kept frozen, the longest successful thaw came after 14 years, and many healthy babies have been born from eggs frozen for 5 to 10 years.
[Clinic Name] Sunfert International Fertility Centre @ Bangsar South
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] Located in the city center, 15 mins drive from KLCC and easily accessible via the LRT (Light Rail Transit) from many entertainment and shopping districts in the city, and is surrounded by service apartments, hotels, and a variety of F&B outlets.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday, Wednesday and Friday (7:30AM - 5:00PM); Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (7:30AM - 4:00PM); Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Suitable for women with AMH > 14pmol/l
||Once booking is confirmed, you may be charged a penalty fee upon booking cancellation
|Include In This Price
||Sedation during Oocyte Pick-Up (OPU), 1-Year Storage Fee of Oocytes Cryopreservation, Doctor's Consultation, Procedural Fees
||Price is exclusive of blood test*, first consultation and scan, pain management post-OPU, oral antibiotics, anti-inflammatories and oocytes freezing
*(ANSHC & AMH)
|| Sunfert International Fertility Centre - Bangsar South, Unit 2-2, Level 2 Nexus, 7, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South, 59200 Kuala Lumpur