It Is Suitable For
· Those traveling to Malaysia for at least 3 weeks.
· Those with the record of poor candidates for surgery.
· Those who wish to treat the tumors.
· Those who wish to recover from cancer in the least invasive way possible.
· Those who wish to try a different treatment to cure cancer.
What is Gamma Knife?
Gamma knife is a non-invasive stereotactic radiosurgery that involves no scalpel or incision.
Gamma Knife is made up of 192 precise focused beams of radiation in order to control the tumors without harming the adjacent organs or tissues.
This treatment involves treating brain lesions with radiations in order to let the tumors disappear, shrink or stop growing. It can be used to treat different diseases such as:
· Cancerous and non cancerous brain tumors
· Trigeminal neuralgia
· Acoustic neuralgia
· Acoustic neuroma
· Pituitary tumors
Difference Between Frame-based And Frameless-based
Frameless-based Gamma Knife Icon Radiosurgery is a newer technology which involves a mask system. A thin thermoplastic mask is put on the patient's face except for the nose part that is left for the detecting function which works with a marker set up on top of it.
What Is Included In This Package?
This package is inclusive of:
1. Gamma Knife procedure fee
2. Specialists' fees
This package does not include:
1. Investigation works like radiology and laboratory
2. Hospitalization charge
Advantages and Limitations of Gamma Knife
· Highest accuracy
· Largest clinical evidence
· Zero or minimal hospital stay
· Fast Recovery
· Lower toxicity to healthy tissues
· High degree of Safety
· May cause side effects such as headache, nausea, difficulty with balance and few others
Q1: Will I experience pain during the treatment?
A1: You will not see or feel the radiation during your treatment. The local anaesthetic administered before the treatment however, may cause slight discomfort.
Q2: Will there be a need to have my head shaved?
A2: Your hair will not be shaved. You may however experience some hair loss.
Q3: Is this suitable for older patients?
A3: Gamma knife can be considered amongst the best alternatives for those who are aging or in a poor medical condition, who can be at high risk for anaesthesia and conventional surgery.
Q4: How fast can I see the change in my health progress?
A4: The effects can occur over a period of time, depending on the condition being treated. Some may take several weeks, some several years.
[Clinic Name] Sunway Medical Center
[Location] Selangor, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins from Sunway Wildlife Zoo and 9 mins from Sunway Lagoon
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (8:00AM - 6:00PM)