It Is Suitable For
· Those in Kuala Lumpur who are looking for health screenings.
· Those with concerns in health conditions.
· Those who wish to identify and manage potential health risks.
· Those who wish to screen for potential chronic diseases.
· Those who wish to start a healthy lifestyle.
What is Health Checkup Package?
An annual check-up is a good way to identify a specific condition or diagnose a disease early, when no apparent symptoms are detected. Early detection can give you the opportunity to get the right treatment at the right time, which is beneficial for long-term quality of life. This also reduces the risks of getting complications in the future.
This package includes blood and urine investigations, physical examinations, chest X-ray as well as abdomen and pelvic ultrasound to give you an insight of how well your body systems are functioning.
Blood & Urine Investigations:
· Full Blood Count
· Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)
· Blood Grouping (ABO & Rb)
· Liver Function Profile
· Kidney Function Profile
· Lipid Profile
· Thyroid Function Test
· Fasting Blood Sugar
· Uric Acid
· Hepatitis A, B & C Screening
· Helicobacter Pylori
· Urine FEME
· History and Clinical Examination by Health Screening Doctor
· Resting ECG
· Chest X-Ray
· Abdomen and Pelvic Ultrasound
· Consultation by Health Screening Doctor
· Refreshment Voucher
· The checkup is performed at Sunway Wellness Centre, located at 4th floor, Tower A of Sunway Medical Centre
· Please fast for at least 10 to 12 hrs before a blood sample is taken. Drinking plain water is allowed. Our affiliated hospital will provide a light refreshment after your assessment.
· If you are taking medication or are on special dietary restrictions under doctor's prescription, please continue to do so or contact our affiliated hospital for further advice.
· Please bring along your previous medical records/ your health information and/or your current medication to assist our affiliated doctor in providing a better care.
· Please bring your ID card or passport with you and arrive at least 10 to 15 mins earlier than your appointment time.
Declaration of Illness:
· Please inform the medical personnel if you have any underlying disease.
· Please also inform the staff if you feel unwell before the screening.
· Although only a low dose of radiation is used, it is highly recommended to avoid chest x-ray if you are pregnant. Please declare if you are pregnant or suspected to be pregnant.
Ultrasound of Abdomen:
· For the upper abdomen, fasting for 4 to 6 hrs before the test is advised.
· For the lower abdomen, you are required to drink plenty of water and advised to not empty the bladder before the test.
· You may feel cold during the examination due to the application of gel.
Advantages and Limitations of Health Checkup Package
· Screens for various diseases
· Gives insights on how to live a healthy life
· Opportunity to make an early treatment strategy
· Identifies your body needs or deficiencies
· Fasting for at least 8 to 12 hrs is required
Q1: Are there any limitations of blood screening?
A1: In some rare cases, multiple punctures may be needed if it is difficult to find a vein. In addition, some people may experience light-headedness, hematoma or infections (if done at a poor clinic). However, the benefits of blood screening greatly outweigh the limitations.
Q2: Why is health screening important?
A2: It is important to check for underlying or potential diseases so that you can enjoy a better quality of life. Seeing the doctor only when you are sick can be damaging to your health, especially when the condition is already serious.
Q3: How often should I go for health screening?
A3: It is recommended to get your health check-up once every 1 to 3 years, depending on your age and medical condition.
Q4: I feel healthy. Do I need to go for a health screening?
A4: It is advisable for you to go for periodic health screening as this can identify health risks, detect any disease that has no apparent symptoms, or as a prevention measure.
Q5: I don't have any known medical problems but my family members do. So do I need to go for more screenings?
A5: This depends on your doctor's consultation on your conditions. More frequent health screenings or other additional tests may be recommended. The tests you need depend on your individual risk factors and health status.
[Clinic Name] Sunway Medical Centre
[Location] Selangor, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Near SBL Sunu-Monash and Sunway Lagoon
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:30PM), Saturday (8:30AM - 1:00PM)