It Is Suitable For
· Those interested in getting an effective HIFU treatment in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
· Those with mild to moderate skin laxity.
· Those with moderately sagging skin.
· Those who wish to stimulate collagen production in the skin.
· Those who wish to improve fine lines and wrinkles.
What is High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU)?
High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) is a safe, non-surgical treatment to help lift sagging skin on the face and neck. It gives you a firmer, younger and lifted skin. As in the name, it uses ultrasound energy that helps to stimulate collagen production by delivering the optimal temperature into the deeper layers of your skin. The high-frequency beams used in HIFU devices can help it to reach beneath the layers of the skin, all without disrupting or damaging the skin’s surface. HIFU lifts and tones the face, neck, and eyes resulting in a dramatic yet natural uplift, without needing any surgery, with longstanding results.
How It Works
Ultrasound energy has wavelengths that can precisely penetrate deep into the deep tissues with higher temperature compared to other treatments. The resulting heat from HIFU device will increase blood and lymphatic circulation as well as the natural healing process, which in turn will stimulate growth of collagen and elastin. The result is firmer skin, less sagging, and fewer wrinkles.
HIFU Main Applications
· Wrinkle reduction
· Non-surgical facelifitng
· Correction of the facial shape
· Lifting of the cheeks
· Eyebrow lifting
· Lifting of frown and forehead lines
· Lifting of nasolabial folds
· Chin reduction
· Lacrimal sac reduction
· Tightening of the décolletage
1. Your face will be cleansed. Topical anesthetic cream may be applied before starting treatment.
2. Ultrasound gel will be applied.
3. HIFU device will be placed against the skin and adjusted to the right setting.
4. Ultrasound energy will be delivered in short pulses.
5. Device will be removed.
6. End of treatment.
Advantages and Limitations of HIFU
· Stimulates natural collagen production
· No cuts to the skin
· No recovery time
· Noticeable results after just one treatment
· Clinically proven
· Minor redness may occur for a few hours
· You may have to repeat the treatment after 1 or 2 years to maintain results or combat aging
HIFU system is contraindicated for patients with:
· Open wounds or lesions on the face / neck
· Severe or cystic acne
· Pacemakers and electronic device implants in treated area
· Heart Conditions
· An active systemic or local skin disease that may alter wound healing
· Autoimmune disease
Q1: How many sessions of HIFU will I need?
A1: Most people only need 1 session. However, some prefer to attend a yearly touch-up session.
Q2: How is HIFU different to Laser procedure?
A2: Unlike laser treatment that relies on light energy, HIFU uses sound energy which has unique properties to allow the energy to bypass the surface of your skin to deep foundational layer not matched by any other cosmetic device.
Q3: Will I be able to resume normal routine immediately?
A3: Yes, you may resume your normal activities immediately after. HIFU treatment has no downtime.
Q4: Will it hurt?
A4: No, it will not. However, comfort levels may vary from person to person, but usually the sensation will last only throughout the procedure.
Q5: I started having loose skin on my neck, will this work for me?
A5: Yes. A good candidate for HIFU usually is the one with mild to moderate skin laxity where your skin to be less firm, this includes loose skin on the neck, sagging under the chin, wrinkles and fine lines on the chest and a few others.
Q6: What is difference between Thermage and HIFU?
A6: Both are effective treatments for combating aging, however there are few differences. If your aging signs are more towards 'sinking' features, like hollowness or lack of volume, you may benefit from Thermage in combination with dermal fillers. Thermage is also suitable for wrinkles around the eyes. But if you have wrinkles on your face, or sagging skin, then HIFU is suitable for you as it can stimulate skin tightening of the SMAS layer.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Wee Clinic
[Location] Johor Bahru, Malaysia
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] Located in the city of Johor Bahru, Malaysia. A 30-mins driving distance from Senai International Airport, as well as Johor Causeway.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (10:00AM - 7:00PM)