· Those who want a non-surgical hyperhidrosis treatment in Tokyo.
· Those with excessive sweating on the hairline, palms, soles or armpits.
· Those who want a solution to control hyperhidrosis that can last a few months.
· Those who want a better quality of life without hyperhidrosis.
· Those who want to increase comfort and confidence.
What is Botox Injection?
Botox or Botulinum toxin is a protein and neurotoxin produced by a bacteria known as Clostridium Botulinum. Botox injection is a non-invasive method of injecting a protein into the tissues to paralyze and weaken the muscles. Apart from being an effective treatment for wrinkles and fine lines, Botox is also approved by the FDA to treat hyperhidrosis by blocking the neurotransmitter that activates the sweat glands. When your nerves can’t signal your sweat glands, you don’t sweat at the injected area.
Allergan Botox Vista at Our Affiliated Clinic
Our affiliated clinic uses Botox Vista manufactured by Allergan Corporation. Allergan is a well-known brand in the medical as well as medical aesthetics industry. It is a prescription medicine for adults that is injected into muscles and used for a short period of time (temporary) to improve wrinkles by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. Apart from cosmetic uses, doctors use this botox to treat neuromuscular conditons such as migraines, muscle spasms as well as hyperhidrosis.
How It Works
Botox works by blocking the nerves that activate your sweat glands. When the nerves cannot signal the sweat glands, you will stop sweating as the overactive nerves are paralyzed. Botox only works at the area being injected. Therefore, Botox is a suitable treatment if your excessive sweating can’t be controlled with prescription antiperspirants.
Botox Injection Procedure
1. The targeted area will be examined
2. Targeted areas will be cleansed and disinfected
3. A numbing cream will be applied to the targeted area(s)
4. Botox will be injected into the targeted area(s)
5. End of treatment
Advantages and Limitations of Botox Injection
· Reduces sweat production
· Quick procedure, proven results
· A low-risk procedure
· Possible temporary side effects such as bruises or pain at the injection area
· Revisits are required to maintain results (once or twice a year)
Botox Injection Post Care
· Come for follow up as scheduled (if any)
· Be gentle with the treated area while showering, and wipe with care
· Refrain from doing strenuous activities for 48 hrs after the procedure
· Antiperspirants can be applied after the skin has recovered from injections within 4 to 12 hrs
· The injected area may feel heavy, tired or a bit raw after injection. Please relax and avoid vigorous activities. This discomfort will gradually fade in 3 days.
Contraindications for Botox Injection
· Allergic/ had an allergic reaction to botulinum toxin product.
· Those who have skin infection at the planned treatment site.
· Those who are being treated for urinary incontinence, or have urinary tract infection (UTI).
· Patients with systemic neuromuscular junction disorders (e.g myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton syndrome, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis)
· Those who are pregnant, or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if Botox can harm unborn babies.
· Those who are breastfeeding, or planning to do so. It is not known if Botox passes into breast milk.
· Those who are on treatment with multiple botulinum toxin products
Q1: Will the results show immediately?
A1: It may take 2 to 3 weeks to see full results. After that, you'll notice that your sweat production has been reduced dramatically.
Q2: How long will the results last?
A2: It may last for 3 to 4 months. Once it wears off, your condition will return to its previous state, which means Botox won't make the condition better or worse.
Q3: Will it affect my body's temperature control regulation?
A3: While sweating is an essential response to control body's temperature, areas like the underarms only have less than 2% of the body's sweat glands. This treatment does not affect body temperature regulation or sweating on other parts. Botox has also been cleared by the FDA to treat hyperhidrosis, so you can undergo the treatment with confidence.
Q4: How many units will I need?
A4: Generally, 50 units are used for each armpit, meaning most patients would need 100 units for both armpits, palms etc. However, this is subject to the doctor's examination of your condition.
Q5: Will it be painful?
A5: Numbing cream will be given, and most patients describe the treatment as painless. You may get some swelling or feel a bit of pain post-procedure as what normally would happen after treatments that involve injections, but this will fade within a few days.
[Clinic Name] Aoyama Celes Clinic
[Location] Tokyo, Japan
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walk to commuter/metro station, 4 mins walk to art gallery, 4 mins walk to FamilyMart, 5 mins walk to medical center, walking distance to many restaurants and banks
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:30AM - 8:00PM)
10 - 20 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
Once booking is made, penalty fees will be charged for any cancellation of appointment.