It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for teeth whitening treatments in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
· Those who wish to make their teeth whiter and brighter.
· Those who wish to improve their smile and overall facial appearance.
· Those with mild to moderate teeth discoloration.
· Those with stains and permanent marks on their teeth.
What is Teeth Whitening?
Gradually, our teeth may become discolored or yellowish due to factors such as genetics, age or personal habits such as drinking or smoking. Fortunately, an immediate whitening effect can be obtained using available advanced technology such as teeth-bleaching chemicals.
For the package, teeth scaling and polishing will also be included in the treatment plan.
*Note that teeth whitening may not correct certain forms of discoloration.
How It Works
In-office teeth whitening procedure is offered at our affiliated clinic, this ensures the suitable method has been chosen for you and have all the initial check-ups done properly before proceeding with the treatment.
There are 2 different options to choose from:
ZOOM is a widely used bleaching process to lighten discoloration of enamel and dentin. The procedure uses the Zoom Advanced Power Chairside Lamp to activate 25% hydrogen peroxide whitening, accelerating the bleaching process. As hydrogen peroxide is broken down, oxygen enters the enamel and dentin to bleach a stained surface, leaving the structure of the tooth unchanged and undamaged.
Compared to other teeth whitening procedures, the light used for the Zoom whitening process filters out infrared emissions to limit the extra heat your teeth are exposed to. This is an advantage over laser teeth whitening, which can overheat teeth. Zoom whitening works best on yellow or brown staining, but not so satisfying for grey staining. The light can also target the entire mouth at once, which reduces treatment time.
At our affiliated clinic, the procedure covers 4 cycles, completing the treatment in 60 mins.
First introduced over 10 years ago, Pola's unique formulation dissolves and releases the active whitening ingredient as soon as the treatment starts. Releasing and breaking down peroxide ions fast, this method does not required the use of UV light therapy to accelerate the process. Pola is designed to protect your sensitive dental nerves with Pola Desensitizing Technology which combines neutral pH and PDT to reduce the likelihood of gum irritation, burning, pain or long term gum damage.
At our affiliated clinic, the procedure covers 3 cycles, completing the treatment in 30 mins.
In-Office Teeth Whitening Procedure
1. First Evaluation and Pre Whitening Tooth Shade Selection
· Shade is selected from an array of tooth-shaped porcelain tabs for post-treatment comparison
· If necessary, professional dental scaling and polishing is usually done prior to bleaching treatment
2. Isolate Teeth to be Whitened
· Placing dental dam in order to isolate teeth and as prevention from damaging the soft oral tissues
3. Place Eye Protection
4. Apply Whitening Gel
· Dry the teeth and apply the bleaching agent
5. Direct Laser Light to Whitening Gel
· The gel is activated by a light source. This process shortens the treatment time and makes it more effective
6. Leave Whitening Gel for a prescribed time or repeat procedure 4 & 5 depending on the cases
7. Whitening Gel Removal
8. Determine Post-Bleaching Tooth Shade
· Upon completion of treatment, evaluation of the Tooth Shade is done as a comparison
Advantages and Limitations of In-Office Teeth Whitening
· Removes persistent stains
· Boosts confidence in smiling
· Brightens smile
· Immediate results
· Fast procedure
· Not suitable for everyone
· Possible sensitivity after the treatment
In-Office Teeth Whitening Post Care
· Consume tea, coffee, red wine, cola, etc. in moderation
· It is highly recommended to stop any tobacco products
· Maintain appropriate oral hygiene (brushing and flossing) regimen to prevent stains from reforming
· Go for regular dental check-ups
· Opt for toothpaste that have whitening agents
Q1: Can any kind of teeth go through the whitening treatment?
A1: Yes, unless there is dental cavity. If you have teeth cavities, please do get treatment for cavity first.
Whitening is only effective on actual teeth, and naturally-caused yellowing. Whitening treatment will not be effective on artificial tooth, fillings and extensions.
Q2: How long will it take until my teeth turn white?
A2: It varies, but it generally takes 2 to 5 treatments to see a difference. Whitening will have greater effect as more treatment is done. Teeth whitening treatment is not like colouring your hair, in which results are obtained immediately. Multiple treatments are needed over time and results will become visible gradually. The amount of treatment needed, permanence and tooth sensitivity after treatment varies significantly across individuals.
Q3: How white will the result be?
A3: There will be limits on the whiteness level. However, the more treatments undergone, the whiter it gets. The beauty of your teeth does not only depend on level of whiteness. The transparency, reflection of light and various factors matter as well. By diligently attending treatments, you will achieve not only whiter teeth, but also other beauty factors as well.
Q4: Once treatment is completed, will the teeth remain white permanently?
A4: Yellowing due to daily wear and tear is unavoidable. Therefore, it is recommended that you properly care for your teeth even after treatment. After multiple treatments, teeth are more resistant against yellowing. Please take care and maintain your teeth just like how you would take care of your hair and skin.
Q5: Will the treatment be painful?
A5: Those with very sensitive teeth will feel some pain. However, the pain is temporary. If you are concerned about the pain, the strength of treatment can be adjusted.
Q6: Is the medicine safe?
A6: The medicine is absolutely safe. It is recognized in the field of dentistry around the world. It is made with similar components as mouth disinfectant and therefore it is completely harmless to your teeth and body. These components are standard in any teeth whitening products.
Q7: How does it whiten my teeth?
A7: The medicine decomposes the dirt and stain absorbed by the teeth. Such dirt and stains cannot be removed by regular brushing.
Q8: Is there anything I need to look out for after my whitening treatment?
A8: A guide on food restrictions will be given after your treatment.
Q9: Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
A9: Urea peroxide and hydrogen peroxide, which are the main components of whitening gel, have been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and millions of people have experienced teeth whitening in the United States. No damage is inflicted onto your teeth.
[Clinic Name] Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre (KL)
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins driving distance from partner hotels: Pullman Kula Lumpur City Centre, MiCasa All Suites Hotel, and shopping centre Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Also, KL Sentral, as well as KLCC, are reachable within 15 mins drive.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 3:00PM)