It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for IVF treatment in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
· Those with fertility problems.
· Those with parental concerns.
· Those with failed attempts to achieve conception after 12 months of unprotected sexual intercourse.
· Those who wish to have children.
What is IVF?
When couples have been trying hard for a child for over a year, the first treatment approach is usually controlled ovarian hyperstimulation with or without intrauterine insemination. However, half of the couples will continue to undergo In-Vitro Fertilization.
In-Vitro Fertilization or also known as IVF assisted reproduction technology is a popular treatment especially for those couples who has been struggling to conceive. The basic steps in an IVF treatment cycle are ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, fertilization, embryo culture, and embryo transfer.
What is Oocyte Donation?
Oocyte or egg donation is the process in which a younger woman provides eggs (oocytes) to the intended mother for the purpose of assisting to achieve a higher chance of getting pregnant with IVF method.
Statistically, the success rate of getting pregnant by an IVF procedure performed with a donor egg no longer depends on the recipient's age; instead, the chance of being pregnant depends on the quality of the egg donated.
How It Works
IVF involves several steps from starting towards the end. One cycle of IVF can take about 3 weeks and in most cases and multiple revisits are required.
As an important note, IVF Cycle round always starts on the first day of your period and as part of your fertility plan, you may have to take medications or injections prior to your first day of the cycle.
On the other hand, the procedure for IVF with an egg oocyte donor can be slightly different, as the egg (oocyte) would be collected from women at the age between 19 to 29 years old, instead of using the patient's own egg. Birth control pills and injectable hormones will be given to the intended mother's uterus to suppress the reproductive system and get ready for embryo transfer of the donor's fertilized eggs.
An endometrium scan with the consultation will be scheduled from day 2 or 3 of menses. After that, medication for stimulation (FSH/hMG) will be given at 375iu per day. Oocyte pick-up (OPU) will be arranged and proceeded with embryo development which includes Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI), Blastocyst culture, laser-assisted hatching, and embryo freezing. At our affiliated clinic, this package is inclusive of embryo cryopreservation for 6 months of free storage. The frozen embryo will then be transferred into the mother.
IVF Oocyte Donor Package Procedure
2. Finding an egg donor which need to have menstrual cycles put in sync
3. Treatment cycle begins when both the menstrual cycle of patient and donor starts
4. The egg donor will take injectable fertility drugs to stimulate egg production
5. The intended mother will receive injections that suppress the reproductive system and estrogen supplementation for creating a suitable lining for implantation
6. Trigger shot known as hCG will be injected to the egg donor when the ovaries look ready
7. The intended mother will start taking progesterone supplementation at the same time egg donor receives trigger shot
8. Egg retrieval will be performed on the donor using an ultrasound-guided needle
9. Sperm collection will be performed at the same day as egg retrieval on the intended father
10. Fertilization will be performed at the laboratory
11. Embryo transfer will be done 3 to 5 days after the fertilization process
12. One to two healthy-looking embryos will be transferred into the intended mother's uterus
13. The intended mother will continue taking progesterone supplementation
14. A pregnancy test should be done about 10 days after the embryo transfer
Advantages and Limitations of IVF Oocyte Donor Package
· Increases chances of pregnancy/conception
· Includes screening test
· Considers all sources of infertility issues
· More successful than other forms of assisted reproductive technology
· Unused embryos can be donated for research or to another couple
· Does not require sexual intercourse
· Many IVF cycles are usually required
· Possibility of emotional stress
IVF Oocyte Donor Package Post Care
· Consume medications as prescribed
· Maintain a happy and positive state of mind
· Folic acid is recommended
· Avoid heat or anything that might raise your uterus temperature
· Avoid strenuous activities and have enough rest
Q1: What other treatments can my partner and I undergo if intrauterine insemination and ovarian stimulation did not work for us?
A1: An Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection may also be helpful.
Q2: How long is 1 IVF cycle?
A2: 1 IVF cycle typically takes 2 to 3 weeks.
Q3: Is there a risk of ectopic pregnancy with IVF?
A3: About 2% to 5% of women who use IVF will have an ectopic pregnancy.
Q4: Will it be successful on my first attempt?
A4: This strongly depends on one's body and hormone condition. According to studies, the odds of having a baby on the first attempted IVF is around 30% successful.
Q5: Can I choose my baby's gender with IVF?
A5: It is possible if the fertilized eggs are genetically biopsied with preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
Q6: Upon successful IVF, will my baby be healthy?
A6: The majority of IVF babies are very well and healthy.
Q7: How many injections will I need?
A7: Medications prescribed to you are usually in the form of injections. The dose varies as some may be prescribed 1 to 2 for the cycle and some may need 1 to 2 per day.
Q8: Will the injections hurt?
A8: Depends. Some may not consider it painful and some others may consider it as severe pain and it could actually be made worse if you are developing anxiety.
[Clinic Name] Sunfert International Fertility Centre @ Bangsar South
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] Located in the city center, 15 mins drive from KLCC and easily accessible via the LRT (Light Rail Transit) from many entertainment and shopping districts in the city, and is surrounded by service apartments, hotels, and a variety of F&B outlets.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday, Wednesday and Friday (7:30AM - 5:00PM); Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday (7:30AM - 4:00PM); Closed on Sunday and Public Holidays
|Number of Postoperative Visit
|2 - 3 visits
|Once booking is confirmed, you may be charged a penalty fee upon booking cancellation
|Include In This Price
|OD Consultation & Scan, OD Blood Tests, Sedation during OPU, Endometrium scan, Thawing Fee, Medications, OT Charges, Luteal Support Up To Pregnancy Test, 6 Months Storage Fee
|Donor fees are not included
| Sunfert International Fertility Centre - Bangsar South, Unit 2-2, Level 2 Nexus, 7, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South, 59200 Kuala Lumpur