· Those in Johor Bahru, Malaysia and interested in permanent hair reduction treatment.
· Those with undesirable hair growth on their face and body.
· Those with excessive facial hair than needed.
· Those who wish to remove their hair safely.
· Those who wish to get permanent hair reduction with laser.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser Hair Removal is a procedure performed to reduce unwanted hair throughout the face and body permanently.
This treatment uses a long pulse ND YAG laser to reduce hair growth in any location on the body such as the underarms, bikini line, face, neck, back, chest, and legs. However, this type of laser is generally ineffective for light-colored hair (blonde/grey) and is more suitable for treating dark (brown/black) hair. Patients with darker skin complexion may require more treatments.
Hair color, as well as skin type, have a great impact on whether laser hair removal can proceed as the basic principle is that the pigment of the hair should absorb the light emitted by the laser device, not the pigments on the skin. With that theory, dark hair and light skin would have the best results for this treatment.
How It Works
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that would be absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy will then be converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. The damage works to inhibit or delay future hair growth.
Laser hair removal requires maintenance treatments, but the interval of hair growth varies depending on the location. In areas where hair grows quickly, the treatment may be repeated within 4 to 8 weeks. For the areas with slow hair growth, 12 to 16 weeks is recommended.
It should be noted that hairs do not fall out immediately after the treatment, it will take time to shed over a period of days to weeks.
Laser Hair Removal Procedure
1. Consultation and examination
2. Face and body cleansing
3. The handheld device will be placed on the skin
4. Redness and swelling for the first few hrs may be experienced after the procedure
Advantages and Limitations of Laser Hair Removal
· Reduces the amount of body hair progressively.
· Provides the permanent effect
· Fast and safe procedure
· Discomfort may be felt during the procedure
· Temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling can occur for several hrs after the treatment
· Few sessions are needed for the ideal results
· Possible temporary darkening/lightening of skin for the ones who do no avoid sunlight prior to the treatment as well as after
Pre Laser Hair Removal
· Avoid sun exposure for at least 6 weeks prior to the treatment
· Avoid plucking, waxing, electrolysis at least 4 weeks prior to the treatment
· Avoid blood-thinning medications
· Shaving the day before the treatment is recommended
· Use broad-spectrum sunscreen daily
Laser Hair Removal Post Care
Within 24 to 48 hrs
· Wear loose cotton clothing for better skin-caring
· Avoid touching the treated area
· Avoid gym, steam room, sauna, swimming pool, as well as Jacuzzi
· Avoid exercising that would lead to sweating
· Apply 100% Aloe Vera to soothe the treated area
· Apply sunscreen of SPF50+ to the treated area that would be exposed to UV light; it is recommended to cover those areas.
· Mineral makeup is recommended after undergoing facial laser hair removal treatments.
Weeks in between sessions
· Exfoliate skin gently 4 to 5 days after the treatment
· Only shaving and hair removal creams are allowed for temporary hair removal
· Avoid excess sunlight exposure or tanning beds
· No applying tanning lotion allowed 7 days prior to the next session
· Apply sunscreen regularly
Q1: How many treatments do I need?
A1: As hair grows in a cycle, multiple sessions for at least 6 to 8 times are needed to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Q2: Will hair come back after the treatment?
A2: New hair growth may occur from follicles that were not in the active growing phase while undergoing the treatment. Thus, a few sessions are needed to remove them.
Q3: At what pace should I follow through the treatments?
A3: Our affiliated clinic recommends, according to the hair cycle, once a month for facial hair removal and once every two months for other parts of the body.
Q4: Can I be exposed to sunlight as usual before and after the treatment?
A4: It is recommended to keep away from the sunlight as darker skin may not be suitable for the treatment.
Q5: Does hair removal procedure hurt?
A5: It is not a pain-free procedure, there would be slight discomfort during the procedure.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Wee Clinic
[Location] Johor Bahru, Malaysia
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] Located in the city of Johor Bahru, Malaysia. A 30-mins driving distance from Senai International Airport, as well as Johor Causeway.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (10:00AM-7:00PM)