· Those interested in fat loss treatments in Tokyo.
· Those with localized fat deposits that refuse to go away even after exercise and dieting.
· Those who wish to reduce the number of fat cells in certain isolated areas of the body.
· Those who wish to enhance and change their body contour.
What is Liposuction?
With the presence of Liposuction, slimming down has never been easier. Liposuction targets places on your body that refuse to lose fat, hence sculpting your body along the way, creating a more proportional and desirable body shape.
With Liposuction, unsightly bulges of fat can be removed. Although fat is removed in Liposuction, this procedure is not a weight loss solution. Instead, Liposuction aims to enhance the shape of your body. It is also reported that it is possible to aspirate about 70% of the fat from the liposuction site
1. A large volume of a solution is injected into the target area. This solution contains Lidocaine (anesthetic effect) and epinephrine (decreases bleeding).
2. A special cannula (diameter = 2, 3, 4 or 5mm) is inserted through a tiny skin incision. Then, fat is suctioned out.
3. The incision is closed with stitches.
4. This procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
Liposuction can be done nearly anywhere that has subcutaneous fat, such as:
and a few others
Advantages and Limitations of Liposuction
· Sculpts the body into a nicer shape
· Removes stubborn fat in certain parts of the body
· Treats Gynecomastia
· Creates a more natural-looking fat distribution
· Removes excess skin (in those with extreme weight loss after obesity)
· Reduces swelling in those with Lymphedema
· Long-lasting results
· Risk of complications such as embolism, seroma, edema, fluid imbalance, infection, nerve compression, visceral perforations.
Liposuction Post Care
· Avoid doing sports for 3 to 6 weeks
· Always wear a compression bandage for 6 weeks
· Do not apply ice packs or heating pad over treated area
· Always keep the incision area dry and clean
· Alcoholic beverages should not be consumed 48 hrs before and after the surgery
· Strenuous activities may be resumed 1 month after
· The bruised area should be treated with ice gel 5 to 7 times a day for 15 to 20 mins.
· The wrap body can be removed for 20 to 25 mins after a week, but the bandage cannot be removed.
Q1: What are the other uses of Liposuction?
A1: Although most commonly used for cosmetic body shaping, liposuction can also be used to reduce breast size in men with large breasts (gynecomastia) or to remove fat tumors (lipomas).
Q2: Do I have to take care of my body after liposuction?
A2: Yes. Liposuction is not a weight loss surgery. This means that a healthy lifestyle should be followed in order to maintain a good body weight. Remember, liposuction is supposed to help you obtain a slimmer and better-proportioned body. While the results of liposuction last for a lifetime and are permanent, the fat cells that remain after the procedure can grow bigger if you put on weight.
Q3: Which parts of the body can Liposuction be applied to?
A3: The abdomen, back, buttocks, chest, inner knees, hips, flanks/love handles, necklines, under-chin area, thighs and upper arms etc.
Q4: Are there any alternative to Liposuction?
A4: Certainly. You may also consider coolsculpting and mesotherapy.
Q5: Will I be under general anaesthesia during the procedure?
Q6: Can I undergo Liposuction if I am obese?
A6: For you to undergo Liposuction, you should be within 30% of your ideal weight and have good muscle tone and firm and elastic skin. Otherwise, a weight loss surgery i.e. bariatric surgery might be a better option for you.
Q7: I am taking blood-thinning medication. Can I undergo Liposuction?
A7: No, such is not recommended.
Q8: I have diabetes. Can I undergo Liposuction?
A8: No, for this case you are not recommended to undergo this surgery.
Q9: How much fat can I lose with liposuction and can I cover one body liposuction in 1 day?
A9: It depends on your body condition but the maximum amount of fat that can liposuctioned is about 3 to 4 litres and that is about 5 kg of total weight loss. If more fat need to be liposuctioned, there will be a different session for that.
Q10: Is rebound possible?
A10: Your fat will be removed, so the effect is considered permanent. You just need to practice a healthy lifestyle to maintain the shape.
[Clinic Name] Aoyama Celes Clinic
[Location] Tokyo, Japan
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walk to commuter/metro station, 4 mins walk to art gallery, 4 mins walk to FamilyMart, 5 mins walk to medical center, walking distance to many restaurants and banks
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:30AM - 8:00PM)
1 hr per Area
2 - 4 weeks
Number of Postoperative Visit
This surgery may include more than one site. For instance, Liposuction can be performed on the abdomen, back, and thighs all on the same day. Please report any allergies and side effect histories before surgery / procedure.
Once booking is made, penalty fees will be charged for any cancellation of appointment