It Is Suitable For
· Those aged 45 to 75 and wish to go for lung cancer CT scan in Malaysia.
· Those who smoke or have quit smoking within the past 15 years.
· Those who have tobacco smoking history of at least 20 'pack years'.
· Those who have family history of cancer or lung cancer.
· Those who had repeated exposure to second-hand smoke, coal, wood fumes, radiation and etc.
What is Lung Cancer CT Scan?
Reports say up to 80% of all cases of lung cancer are diagnosed too late. The best way to screen yourself is by using LDCT or what is now known as Low-Dose CT Scan which has been used widely over the recent years.
LDCT aims to find abnormal areas in your lungs that can be cancerous. Proven by various research, LDCT is said to screen people at higher risk of lung cancer and have saved more lives as compared to the conventional chest X-Rays. Especially for those who are at higher risk of lung cancer, getting yearly screened before developing any symptoms will help lower the risk of death.
Lung Cancer CT Scan Procedure
General Procedures include:
1. You will be positioned on the CT exam table
2. You will be asked to remain still throughout
3. The table will be moved into the machine slowly for scanning purpose
4. You will be asked to hold your breath for a short 5 to 10 seconds
Advantages and Limitations of the Lung Cancer CT Scan Package
· Painless procedure
· Quick procedure
· Does not include further scan with contrast if abnormality is found
Terms and Conditions
· Those with pre-existing diagnosis of lung cancer are not eligible for this package
· Package excludes further investigations and consultations
· You are required to specify your preferred Respiratory Physician (Please log on to our affiliated hospital's website)
Q1: Why is there no risk of allergic reactions for "without contrast" CT scans?
A1: Compared to "with contrast" CT scans which require the ingestion of a contrast material (either by mouth or injection), "without contrast" CT scans do not require any such substances to be inserted into your body.
Q2: Can CT scans cause cancer?
A2: No, they will not cause cancer. Since very low doses of ionizing radiation is used, no harmful effects have been observed in humans who have taken CT scans. However, if you are pregnant, do consult a doctor to discuss whether a CT scan is suitable for you.
[Clinic Name] Subang Jaya Medical Centre
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to grocery shops and cafes; 7 mins away from Dorsett Grand Subang; 14 mins to Subang Airport
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Friday (8:00AM - 5:30PM); Saturday (8:00AM - 12:30PM)
||30 - 60 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||No cancellation fees will be charged if you notify your cancellation at least 48 hrs in advance.
|Include In This Price
||Consultation with Health Screening Doctor, Consultation with Respiratory Physician
||Subang Jaya Medical Centre, No. 1, Jalan SS12/1A, Ss 12, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor