· Those who need permanent body hair removal in Tokyo.
· Those with unwanted body hair.
· Those with excessive body hair than needed.
· Those who wish to have clear and smooth skin.
· Those who wish to reduce body hair permanently.
What is Medical Laser Hair Removal?
Medical Hair Removal is a procedure performed to reduce unwanted hair throughout the body permanently.
At our affiliated clinic, the procedure is carried out by the Laser treatment method. Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser (a concentrated beam of light) to remove unwanted hair without damaging the surrounding skin.
Although the effect can be the permanent reduction of hair, it requires maintenance treatments, a total of at least 6 sessions to be effective.
Hair color, as well as skin type, have a great impact on whether laser hair removal can proceed as the basic principle is that the pigment of the hair should absorb the light emitted by the laser device, not the pigments on the skin. With that theory, dark hair and light skin would have the best results for this treatment.
· Around the areola
· Under the navel
· Nape (Neckline)
· VIO Lines
How It Works
During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that would be absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy will then be converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. The damage works to inhibit or delay future hair growth.
Laser hair removal requires maintenance treatments, but the interval of hair growth varies depending on the location. On areas where hair grows quick, the treatment may be repeated within 4 to 8 weeks. For the areas with slow hair growth 12 to 16 weeks is recommended.
It should be noted that hairs do not fall out immediately after the treatment, it will take time to shed over a period of days to weeks.
Medical Laser Hair Removal Equipment At Our Affiliated Clinic
A medical hair removal device that uses the type of laser called Alexandrite Laser to treat stains and other types of spots. The main benefit of this equipment is that it has a large laser beam that can be radiated broadly and rapidly to remove hair efficiently for the whole body using lesser time. GentleLase Pro is equipped with a dynamic cooling device (DCD), ensuring the immediate cooling effect for the skin right after the irradiation.
Anesthesia is not required; nevertheless, anesthesia cream can be used if desired by the patient.
Medical Laser Hair Removal Procedure
1. Consultation and examination
2. Skin cleansing
3. The handheld device will be placed on the skin
4. Redness and swelling for the first few hours may be experienced after the procedure
Advantages and Limitations of Medical Laser Hair Removal
· Reduces the amount of body hair progressively.
· Provides the permanent effect
· Fast and safe procedure
· Discomfort may be felt during the procedure
· Temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling can occur for several hours after the treatment
· Few sessions are needed for the ideal results
· Possible temporary darkening/lightening of skin for the ones who do no avoid sunlight prior to the treatment as well as after
Pre-Medical Laser Hair Removal
· Avoid sun exposure for at least 6 weeks prior to the treatment
· Avoid plucking, waxing, electrolysis at least 4 weeks prior to the treatment
· Avoid blood-thinning medications
· Shaving the day before the treatment is recommended
· Use broad-spectrum sunscreen daily
Medical Laser Hair Removal Post Care
Within 24 to 48 hours
· Wear loose cotton clothing for better skin-caring
· Avoid touching the treated area
· Avoid gym, steam room, sauna, swimming pool, as well as Jacuzzi
· Avoid exercising that would lead to sweating
· Apply 100% Aloe Vera to sooth the treated area
· Apply sunscreen of SPF50+ to the treated area that would be exposed to UV light; it is recommended to cover those areas.
· Mineral makeup is recommended after undergoing facial laser hair removal treatments.
Weeks in between sessions
· Exfoliate skin gently 4 to 5 days after the treatment
· Only shaving and hair removal creams are allowed for temporary hair removal
· Avoid excess sunlight exposure or tanning beds
· No applying tanning lotion allowed 7 days prior to the next session
· Apply sunscreen regularly
Q1: How many treatments do I need?
A1: As hair grows in a cycle, multiple sessions for at least 6 to 8 times are needed to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Q2: Will hair come back after the treatment?
A2: New hair growth may occur from follicles that were not in the active growing phase while undergoing the treatment. Thus, a few sessions are needed to remove them.
Q3: At what pace should I follow through the treatments?
A3: Our affiliated clinic recommends, according to the hair cycle, once a month for facial hair removal and once every two months for other parts of the body.
Q4: Can I be exposed to sunlight as usual before and after the treatment?
A4: It is recommended to keep away from the sunlight as darker skin may not be suitable for the treatment.
Q5: Does hair removal procedure hurt?
A5: It is not a pain-free procedure, there would be slight discomfort during the procedure.
[Clinic Name] Aoyama Celes Clinic
[Location] Tokyo, Japan
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walk to commuter/metro station, 4 mins walk to art gallery, 4 mins walk to FamilyMart, 5 mins walk to medical center, walking distance to many restaurants and banks
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:30AM - 8:00PM)
45 - 60 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
Once booking is made, penalty fees will be charged for any cancellation of appointment.