It Is Suitable For
· Those who need an effective microdermabrasion in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those who want a fresh and radiant complexion.
· Those who wish to revitalize dull skin.
· Those who wish to reduce acne scars.
· Those who wish to reduce enlarged pores.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive superficial exfoliation treatment that uses diamond-tipped wand or crystals to remove the dead and dry outer layer of the skin’s surface. It is a treatment recommended to get in regular sessions to promote gradual improvement of skin texture. No chemicals involved.
How It Works
A mild abrasion will be performed on your skin using a handheld device. This will gently remove the uppermost layer of dead skin cells. When the uppermost layer is exfoliated or 'broken up', the body will naturally replace the lost skin cells with new and healthier ones. This drives nutrients and oxygen to the epidermis. Gradually, the process stimulates cellular generation and promotes blood flow to the epidermal layers of the skin, improving your skin over time.
1. Your skin is thoroughly cleansed.
2. Skin cream is applied at least 5 mins before treatment starts.
3. Gentle abrasion is performed. Skin may feel slightly itchy at first.
4. Skin cream is applied again in order to stimulate the production of new skin cells.
Advantages and Limitations of Microdermabrasion
· Removes acne scars
· Improves dullness, spots, marks and other skin issues effectively
· Long-lasting results (after several sessions)
· No downtime
· Stimulates collagen production
· More than 1 session is needed for best results
· Discontinue use of any and all exfoliating agents 7 days prior to your treatment.
· Do not wax the area to be treated 7 days prior to your treatment.
· Discontinue use of NSAIDS 7 days prior to the procedure.
· Avoid unprotected and prolonged exposure to the sun for 7 to 14 days prior to treatment.
· Do not scrub or peel your face for at least 1 week after treatment
· Stay hydrated and refrain from touching your face
· Use hydrating toner and moisturizer to soothe your skin
· Apply adequate sunscreen
Microdermabrasion Vs Dermabrasion
· Microdermabrasion is less abrasive than dermabrasion, which means microdermabrasion has shorter downtime
· Microdermabrasion results in subtle changes - smoother skin, brighter complexion and does not work on severe scarring or wrinkles
· Dermabrasion can cause bleeding, while microdermabrasion does not
· Microdermabrasion needs numerous treatment to get the best results while dermabrasion requires 1 session to deliver dramatic results
· Microdermabrasion gives immediate results while dermabrasion may need some time to deliver the final result as recovery is important
Microdermabrasion can be unsuited for those with the following conditions:
· Active rosacea
· Fragile capillaries
· Vascular lesions
· Widespread and active acne
· Herpetic lesions (herpes)
· Open sores
· Skin lesions
· Taking anti-coagulants
· Diabetes mellitus
Q1: Will microdermabrasion help treat my ice pick scars?
A1: Despite being highly effective and safe in treating acne scars, microdermabrasion is not very effective in treating very deep acne scars such as ice pick scars.
Q2: How often can I undergo microdermabrasion?
A2: This depends on your skin. For reparative treatments, a session every 10 to 14 days can be taken. But for maintenance purpose, once a month is recommended.
Q3: Can I return to work immediately after microdermabrasion?
A3: Yes, you can. Your skin may appear red for a few hours after the procedure, but that will subside.
Q4: What can I expect after treatment?
A4: It is best to keep your skin hydrated and use gentle skin care products. Your skin can be more sensitive to the sun over a few weeks after the treatment, so please put on your sunscreen as a protection.
Q5: How soon will I be able to see the results?
A5: Noticeable results can often be seen immediately. Best if the treatment is repeated a few times and it also depends on the severity of your skin concerns.
[Clinic Name] Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre (KL)
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] A 5 mins driving distance from partner hotels: Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre, MiCasa All Suites Hotel, and shopping centre Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Also, KL Sentral, as well as KLCC, are reachable within a 15 mins drive.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 3:00PM)