It Is Suitable For
· Those in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia who need a correction on nose tip.
· Those with previous rhinoplasty done and need correction.
· Those with accidental nose impact that affects the rhinoplasty done.
· Those who wish to have a better result of nose tip.
· Those who wish to correct and improve the appearance of nose tip with previous rhinoplasty done.
What is Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty or nose surgery sometimes referred to as “nose reshaping” or a “nose job,” is a treatment that improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, thus enhancing facial harmony and more self-confidence. Nose surgery is able to correct the nose size in relation to facial balance, a nasal tip that is enlarged or bulbous, drooping, upturned or hooked, and asymmetric noses.
What is Nose Tip Revision?
Nose Tip Revision is a procedure available at our affiliated clinic for the ones who had previously undergone rhinoplasty but did not achieve the satisfied results of the nose tip or notice that the nose tip is not having the appearance as desired. The correction procedure will be performed under local anesthesia.
How It Works
Nose Tip Revision is simply the procedure to correct and improve the nose tip on the nose job or rhinoplasty done previously. The main aim of this procedure is to create a symmetrical nasal tip with the right projection, rotation, and proportion to other parts of the nose.
Nose Tip Revision Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of the nose condition
2. Marking the area to be revised
3. Application of local anesthesia
4. Small incisions will be made
5. Further removal of excess cartilage or correct the symmetry of the nose tip
6. Closing the incisions with sutures
Advantages and Limitations of Nose Tip Revision
· Revises the nose tip appearance
· Enhances a more proportional nose tip appearance
· Corrects the deformity of the nose tip
· Minor swelling may last up to 7 days
Nose Tip Revision Post Care
· No strenuous exercise for at least 2 weeks
· No heavy lifting for 3 weeks
· No pull-over clothing for 2 weeks
· Avoid hard chewing foods for 2 weeks
· Avoid yawning or wide-mouth opening for 2 weeks
· Avoid nose blowing or sniffing through nose for 2 weeks
· Baby toothbrush is recommended for the upper teeth for 2 weeks
· Inevitable sneeze can be done with mouth open
· No contact sports for 6 weeks
· No driving for 1 to 2 weeks after the surgery
Q1: Do I need to give out ear cartilage for the procedure?
A1: At some condition where the procedure has cut out too much extra cartilage, ear cartilage or artificial cartilages may be needed for the restoration.
Q2: What else must I do after the treatment?
A2: Sleep in an upright position or in any way that results in your head having a higher position than your chest. This is to minimize swelling. Do not forget to take any prescribed pain medication. To reduce the risk of infection, remember to take prescribed antibiotics.
Q3: I have a heart condition, will it be okay for me to undergo rhinoplasty?
A3: If you have any disorders or heart conditions, please obtain a medical document from your general practitioner.
Q4: Is it true that rhinoplasty is only for thick-skinned people?
A4: It would be excellent if you have thick skin as the skin will provide coverage of the implant. Nonetheless, you may still go for the surgery.
[Clinic Name] Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre (KL)
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins driving distance from partner hotels: Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre, MiCasa All Suites Hotel, and shopping centre Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Also, KL Sentral, as well as KLCC, are reachable within 15 mins drive.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 3:00PM)