· Those interested in an effective pigmentation laser treatment in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
· Those with hyperpigmentation or pigmented lesions.
· Those who wish to reduce melasma or freckles pigmentation.
· Those who wish to achieve a youthful look free of pigmentation.
· Those who wish to undergo a minimally-invasive pigmentation treatment.
What is Pico Laser?
Skin pigmentation can cause us to look older and more tired. Our affiliated clinic offers the Pico Laser to treat pigmentation and rejuvenate your skin while improving your skin tone. It is a well-known laser that can treat address skin problems such as melasma, sun spots, age spots, freckles, and birthmark.
How It Works
Pico Laser is a non-ablative laser that is mainly used for pigmentation and acne scar removal. This laser works at a wavelength of 1064 nm and can deliver up to 1.8 GW of power, making it the most powerful laser in the treatment of pigmentation. The system breaks down pigmentation into much smaller fragments compared to a Q-Switched Laser (nanosecond laser), which enables your skin to clear pigmentation fragments faster and easier, reducing the total number of treatments required. After your pigmentation has been broken down into fragments, they are removed by the skin's immune system.
Pico Laser Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of skin condition
2. Application of local anesthesia (if desired)
3. The laser will be directed at the areas to be treated
4. The cooling effect will be available along with the laser
Advantages and Limitations of Pico Laser
· Improves and clears skin pigmentation
· Fades freckles
· Stimulates collagen production
· No downtime
· More than 1 sessions is usually needed
· Slight redness for a few hours after the procedure
Q1: Is anesthesia necessary?
A1: Most patients find the procedure tolerable and require no anesthesia for it.
Q2: How can I prevent skin pigmentation from developing in the future, after my treatment?
A2: Skin pigmentation is primarily caused by exposure to the sun. Hence, you can take care of your skin by applying a high-SPF sunblock every time you go out.
Q3: How many sessions are needed?
A3: A series of 3 to 4 treatments is recommended, but occasionally results can be seen after the first treatment or may require up to 6.