It Is Suitable For
· Those in Kuala Lumpur who are looking for health screenings.
· Those with concerns in health conditions.
· Those who wish to identify and manage potential health risks due to COVID-19.
· Those who wish to screen if they have ever contracted COVID-19.
· Those who wish to see if vaccination is working well for their body.
What is Post-COVID Checkup?
Do you by any chance have recently recovered from COVID-19, suspecting you might have caught the virus without getting any symptoms or simply wondering if your body is performing at its best after getting vaccinated?
Post-COVID checkup is a good way to identify or diagnose any specific conditions due to the virus contraction. This also reduces the risks of getting complications in the future.
Blood & Urine Investigations:
· COVID-19 Neutralising Antibody
· Full Blood Count
· Kidney Function Profile
· Liver Function Profile
· Lipid Profile
· Fasting Blood Sugar
· Uric Acid
· Urine FEME
· Consultation by Health Screening Doctor
· Chest X-Ray
· Refreshment Voucher
· The checkup is performed at Sunway Wellness Centre, located at 4th floor, Tower A of Sunway Medical Centre
· Please fast for at least 8 to 12 hrs before a blood sample is taken. Drinking plain water is allowed. Our affiliated hospital will provide a light refreshment after your assessment.
· If you are taking medication or are on special dietary restrictions under doctor's prescription, please continue to do so or contact our affiliated hospital for further advice.
· Please bring along your previous medical records/ your health information and/or your current medication to assist our affiliated doctor in providing a better care.
· Please bring your ID card or passport with you and arrive at least 10 to 15 mins earlier than your appointment time.
Declaration of Illness:
· Please inform the medical personnel if you have any underlying disease.
· Please also inform the staff if you feel unwell before the screening.
· Although only a low dose of radiation is used, it is highly recommended to avoid chest x-ray if you are pregnant. Please declare if you are pregnant or suspected to be pregnant.
Advantages and Limitations of Health Checkup Package
· Screens for post-COVID after-effect
· Gives insights into how the body is after vaccinations
· Opportunity to make an early treatment strategy
· Identifies your body needs or deficiencies
· Fasting for at least 8 to 12 hrs is required
Q1: Are there any limitations of blood screening?
A1: In some rare cases, multiple punctures may be needed if it is difficult to find a vein. In addition, some people may experience light-headedness, hematoma or infections (if done at a poor clinic). However, the benefits of blood screening greatly outweigh the limitations.
Q2: Why is this screening important?
A2: It is important to check for underlying or potential diseases you may have contracted due to COVID-19. This way, you can enjoy a better quality of life. Seeing the doctor only when you are sick can be damaging to your health, especially when the condition is already serious.
Q3: How often should I go for this screening?
A3: For this particular screening, once after a few months of COVID-19 experience would be alright. It is still recommended for you to get your regular health check-up once every 1 to 3 years, depending on your age and medical condition.
Q4: I feel healthy. Do I need to go for this screening?
A4: Some people may not have any symptoms despite being contracted with the virus. It is advisable for you to go for post-COVID screening as this can identify health risks, detect any disease that has no apparent symptoms, or as a prevention measure.
Q5: I don't have any known medical problems but my family members do. So do I need to go for more screenings?
A5: This depends on your doctor's consultation on your conditions. More frequent health screenings or other additional tests may be recommended. The tests you need depend on your individual risk factors and health status.
[Clinic Name] Sunway Medical Centre
[Location] Selangor, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Near SBL Sunu-Monash and Sunway Lagoon
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:30PM), Saturday (8:30AM - 1:00PM)
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Price is for 1 person
Price does not include additional medication / medical supplies
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date
|| 5, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Petaling Jaya, Selangor