· Those who need skin pigmentation treatment in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those with hyperpigmentation.
· Those who wish to reduce freckles.
· Those who wish to fade solar lentigo.
· Those who wish to improve skin tone.
What is Epidermal Pigmentation Treatment?
This treatment uses Q-Switch ND YAG Laser to treat skin pigmentation. This laser is non-ablative, meaning that it's able to treat more severe skin damage compared to ablative lasers. It also features minimal healing time, since there is no break in skin tissue continuity in the treatment and less risk of infection.
Q-switch means the laser produces a high-intensity beam in very short pulses. This allows pigmented cells to be targeted. While some skin hyperpigmentation is generally difficult to treat like melasma or nevus, other pigmentary disorders like solar lentigo, freckles, and lentigines can be treated effectively with a significant reduction of the blemishes (up to 90%).
How It Works
The laser's wavelength will be absorbed preferentially by the melanin, the dark pigment found in skin that causes hyperpigmentation (sunspots, melasma etc). The heat energy from the laser will cause damage to the cells containing pigments.
This will result in the lightening of the treated skin. The melanin will then break down down into smaller fragments that are eventually eliminated by the body’s natural lymphatic system.
Q-Switch Laser Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of skin condition
2. Application of local anesthesia
3. The laser will be directed at the areas to be treated
4. The cooling effect will be available along with the laser
Advantages and Limitations of Epidermal Pigmentation Treatment
· After the procedure, you may experience redness over the treated site which may last a few hours
· Repeated treatments may be necessary to produce ideal results
· Swelling may occur (rare)
Post-Care for Epidermal Pigmentation Treatment
· Immediately post laser, you may or may not see the lightening of the pigmentation. The pigmented spot may even darken for 1 to 2 weeks before getting lighter. Having realistic expectations is important
· Avoid sun tanning for the next 7 to 10 days post-treatment
· Apply appropriate amount of sunscreen to avoid further damaging the skin
Q1: Is the laser safe?
A1: Q-Switched lasers are considered safe since they are non-invasive, gentle and effective. The light pulse is powerful to treat problematic areas but at the same time, it does not harm the skin. It also won't cause thinning of the skin with repeated treatments.
Q2: How many treatments would I need?
A2: This largely depends on the individual, hence consultation is important. Generally, it takes about 1 to 5 sessions.
Q3: Is it suitable for all skin types?
A3: It is suitable for most skin types. Those with acne, acne scars, sun spots, melasma, birthmarks or moles will definitely see good results from the laser. It's also a good treatment for tattoo removal. If you're concerned, please consult with your doctor.
Q4: Will the spots come back?
A4: Adequate sun protection can help to prevent new hyperpigmentation from forming. Minimize your exposure under the sun and practise good skincare regimen.
[Clinic Name] The Life Clinic
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] 13 mins walk to bus station (SPG Jln Setiabistari), 14 mins drive to National Palace and clinic is surrounded by high-end restaurants and bars.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Friday (10:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (10:00AM - 4:00PM)
15 - 30 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
No cancellation fees will be charged if you cancel your booking at least 1 week before. If cancellation is made 3 days prior, you will be charged 50% of the treatment cost. If cancellation is made less than 24hrs prior, you will be charged 100% of the treatment cost.