It Is Suitable For
· Those in Singapore looking for a thorough body scan.
· Those with plans for an operation on tumor.
· Those with joint problems and internal injuries.
· Those who wish to have a clear detail of the tumor prior to the operation.
· Those who wish to analyse if cancer treatments are required.
What is CT Scan?
A Computed Tomography (CT) scan is a device used for the detection and observation of any tumors that appear on the body. The procedure usually shows more detail than a regular X-ray and can be used for any part of the body.
Other than detecting tumors, or analysing if cancer treatments are required for you, CT scans are also used for screening joint problems as well as internal injuries.
How It Works
CT scan involves a narrow X-ray beam that circles around one part of the body. It works similarly to an X-ray machine but takes several pictures from different angles, which provides a highly detailed cross-sectional image; the steps repeat to form a 3D picture that shows the bones, organs, and soft tissues more clearly than X-rays.
CT Scan Vs X-Ray
CT scans are done within a doughnut-shaped CT machine whereas X-rays rotate around your body; X-rays form images in 2D formats, usually used to detect fractures and tumors while 3D pictures formed by CT scans can be used to identify a more detailed location of internal bleeding, as well as to monitor the effectiveness of certain treatments.
· Paranasal sinuses
· Sinus screen
· Temporal bone
Procedure for CT Scan
1. Consultation and examination of body condition
2. You will be lying still in the machine for 5 to 15 mins as the 3D picture generates
Advantages and Limitations of CT Scan
· Detects tumors on any part of the body
· Detects joint problems and other internal injuries
· Helps to check the effectiveness of cancer treatments
· Monitors the stage of treatments
· Clothing with no metals should be worn for the scan
Q1: Can I move when I am in the CT scan?
A1: No, motions will cause blurring of the images.
Q2: What is an IV Contrast?
A2: It is a substance given to highlight various body parts of your body during a CT scan, enhancing all the vascular structures on the images in which help the doctor to see the organs, blood vessels, and bones inside your body.
Q3: Are there any side effects?
A3: CT scan is similar to X-rays, equivalent to the amount of natural radiation you receive annually. The benefits of an accurate diagnosis far outweigh the risk.
[Clinic Name] Concord International Hospital
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins distance to Coronation Shopping Plaza and Serene Centre Shopping Mall; takes about 7 to 11 mins walking distance to the nearest bus stop
[Radiation Therapy Centre Opening Time] Monday - Friday (8:30AM - 5:00PM); Saturday (By Appointment); Sunday and Public Holidays (Closed)
||1 - 2 hrs
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date*
|Include In This Price
||19 Adam Rd, Singapore 289891