It Is Suitable For
· Those in Seoul, South Korea looking for a treatment for excess accessory breast tissue.
· Those with breast tissue bulges near underarm.
· Those with discomfort due to large accessory breast tissue.
· Those who wish to feel more comfortable by removing the excess breast tissue.
· Those who wish to improve bra wear appearance.
What is Accessory Breast Tissue Removal?
It is common for women to have side armpit fats, but sometimes those are actually excess breast tissues that form bulges between the breast and underarm.
Accessory Breast Tissue Removal can be performed to help improve the condition and relieve the physical discomfort of an overly large volume of accessory tissue in some cases.
How It Works
The procedure can be performed by surgical excision to remove the accessory breast tissues. Incisions would be made along the natural wrinkle line in the axillary fold to ensure no visible scars after the surgery.
Procedure for Accessory Breast Tissue Removal
1. Consultation and examination of the breast
2. Marking of the area to be treated
3. Administration of anesthesia
4. Small incisions made through the axillary fold lines
5. Removal of accessory breast tissues
6. Closing of the incisions
Advantages and Limitations of Accessory Breast Tissue Removal
· Removes excess breast tissue
· Relieves discomfort of large accessory breast tissue
· Improves bra wear appearance
· Helps to prevent the risk of cancer on accessory breast tissue
· Minor swelling and bruising may occur for a few days
· You may be asked to not eat or drink a few hours before the surgery
· You need to inform the doctor before the surgery if you are sensitive to or allergic to any medicines, latex, tape, and anesthesia (local and general)
· If you are on any medications or supplements, it is best to inform the doctors before deciding to do the surgery
· It is a must to inform if you have a history of bleeding disorders or if you are taking any blood-thinning medications such as aspirin and ibuprofen
· Stop smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery
· Avoid alcohol consumption for at least 3 days
Accessory Breast Tissue Removal Post Care
· No smoking for at least 2 weeks after the surgery or until the wound is completely healed
· Refrain from alcohol consumption for at least 2 weeks
· Do not lift heavy objects for at least 2 weeks
· Do not put pressure on the treated area
· Avoid strenuous exercise especially the one which involves using arm force until you feel completely healed
Q1: Is it painful?
A1: Anesthesia would be given to ensure a comfortable experience throughout the surgery.
Q2: Is this a permanent treatment?
A2: Usually, there would be no tissue regrowth after removal, so this treatment is considered permanent; fat bulges may still be able to grow back depending on your lifestyle.
Q3: Can I remove the tissues with liposuction?
A3: Yes, but it also depends on your condition after the examination. In some cases, surgery is required along with liposuction.
[Clinic Name] Banobagi Plastic & Aesthetic Clinic
[Location] Seoul, South Korea
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance from Yeoksam Station Exit 6 and Eonju Station Exit 7. Surrounded by a lot of eateries and hotels.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:30AM - 6:30PM) ; Saturday (9:30AM - 4:00PM)
||30 - 60 mins
||1 - 3 days
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||1 for stitch removal after 7 days
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date*
|| 517 Nonhyeon-ro, Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea