It Is Suitable For
· Those in Mexicali for at least 2 weeks.
· Those with sagging and droopy breasts.
· Those with the enlarged areola.
· Those with nipples and areola pointing downwards.
· Those who wish to correct sagging breasts.
What is Breast Lift?
Mastopexy, also known as breast lift, is a surgical procedure performed to correct and lift the breasts that have encountered deformities. Pregnancy, weight loss, menopause, and aging cause the breasts to lose its volume and the skin stretched. The result is that breasts become smaller, loose and saggy, as well as lost youthful and perky shape. This condition, in short, can be called as breast ptosis.
Breast lift can be done with or without adding the implants, depending on how patients prefer. In the case where patients wish to restore the size of the breasts as well, the procedure will then be combined with breast augmentation using implants to work on both shape and size of the breasts.
Breast Lift Performance at Our Affiliated Hospital
Breast Lift at our affiliated hospital is performed under Regional Blockage and IV sedation on most occasions. 3 options to make incisions are: around the nipple, around the nipple vertically down, and on the armpit. During the procedure, nipples will be repositioned after excess skin removed and pulled to give the breasts a firm effect.
How It Works
The main procedure of breast lift is to tighten the skin envelope of the breasts by removing excess skin with 3 common surgical approaches:
· Peri-areolar technique - Incision around the circumference of the areola
· Vertical short scar technique - Incision around the areola, then a vertical incision from the areola down to the breast crease
· Inverted T technique - An incision around the areola, then a vertical incision from the areola down to the breast crease, followed by a horizontal incision along the breast crease.
Breast Lift Procedure
1. Consultation, examination, and marking of the areas to be treated
2. Application of Regional Blockage and IV sedation
3. Incision outlines are made at the area where breast skin will be removed
4. The new location of the nipple is defined
5. Removal of the excess skin
6. Nipple and the areola are repositioned to a higher position
7. Breast is reshaped as the skin surrounding the areola is brought down
8. Skin will be stitched together
Itinerary Example for Breast Lift
Day 1 - Transportation provided to pick you up at the airport to the hospital. Check-in to your private hospital room and pre-operative tests will be done
Day 2 - Consultation with specialist and anesthesiologist; surgery performed and stay in the private hospital room
Day 3 - Hospital check-out, hotel recovery nights begin
Day 3 to 5 - Hotel recovery nights
Day 5 - Final consultation before departing. Transportation will be provided back to the airport
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Lift
· Lifts sagging breasts
· Improves self-confidence
· Reduces under breast irritation
· Gives a finishing touch after weight loss
· Potential risk of unfavorable scarring, asymmetry, swelling, bruising, fluid accumulation and few others
· May interfere with breastfeeding; Not suitable for pregnant women
Preparation for Breast Lift
Here are some points that patients need to be prepared prior to the treatment:
· Inform the doctor of any pre-existing medical conditions and drug allergy. All medical conditions must be treated and stabilized before surgery
· Stop smoking at least one week before surgery
· Stop supplements that contain vitamin E, ginseng, ginkgo, garlic, fish oil and other ingredients that can increase bleeding during surgery
· Stop blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and warfarin. However, patients may need to consult the physician who prescribed the medicine before stopping them
· Wear simple and comfortable clothing on the day of surgery
· Do not wear any jewelry and metal objects on the face and body
Breast Lift Post Care
· Wear a sports bra as indicated by the surgeon
· Do not smoke for at least 4 weeks after surgery
· Avoid strenuous activities and heavy lifting for 6 to 8 weeks
· Refrain from physical contact with breasts for 6 to 8 weeks
· Avoid eating spicy food and food that contain a high amount of fats
Q1: Is the result permanent?
A1: The effect of aging will still continue after the surgery. That means the breasts could slowly sag again over time.
Q2: Will I be conscious during the surgery?
A2: No, general anesthesia will be administered and you will be asleep the entire surgery.
Q3: How do I prepare for surgery?
A3: In order to avoid complications, it is best that you stop smoking, drinking, taking hormonal pills, herbal supplements, and other medicines not prescribed by your doctor. If you have any illness, you must obtain a surgical clearance from your medical specialist.
Q4: How long do I need for recovery?
A4: Recovery depends on your healing process, for at least 3 weeks. However, if you have a physical labor-intensive job you will not be able to go back to work until after 6 weeks post-surgery.
Q5: Can I still breastfeed my children?
A5: Yes. Please also consult your surgeon about it.
[Clinic Name] Hospital de la Familia
[Location] Mexicali, Mexico
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] The hospital is about 17 mins drive from Mexicali International Airport and 10 mins drive from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali
[Clinic Opening Time] Daily (24 hrs)