It Is Suitable For
· Those in Seoul, South Korea for a week or more.
· Those with a breast implant(s).
· Those who wish to restore natural breasts and remove their implants.
· Those who wish to correct abnormalities of breasts due to implants.
· Those who wish to prevent implant complications.
What is Breast Implant Removal?
There are a variety of problems with having breast implants and many of them are discovered when there is a visible damage in the busts' feel and shape.
Depending on the symptoms, factors may include the duration of insertion, the type of implant, and the position of insertion. Most people choose to remove a breast implant because external treatments such as massages and treatments do not improve or stop the progression of symptoms.
Causes of breast implant damage may also include:
· Implant complications eg. rupture, folding, or deflation.
· Capsular contracture, tension bands asymmetry, displacement, infection, and leakage of silicone.
· Build-up of calcium
How It Works
Before starting the procedure, the doctor will check the symptoms and conditions of the breasts to determine the best method that minimizes scar and damage.
When removing the breast implants, there are 3 methods that can be used:
· Incising the underbust
· Incising around the areola
· Incising the armpit
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Implant Removal
· Restores a rounder and natural breasts.
· Minimal scarring.
· Increases confidence with normal-looking breasts.
· Corrects abnormalities due to previous breast procedures.
· Healing may continue for several weeks as swelling decreases
· You may be asked to not eat or drink a few hours before the surgery
· You need to inform the doctor before the surgery if you are sensitive to or allergic to any medicines and anesthesia medicines (local and general)
· If you are on any medications or supplements, it is best to inform the doctors before deciding to do the surgery
· It is a must to inform if you have a history of bleeding disorders or you are taking any blood-thinning medicine such as aspirin, ibuprofen. You might need to stop the medication for some time before the surgery
· Avoid alcohol consumption for at least 1 week before the surgery
· Do not smoke for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery
· Get plenty of rest
· Keep incision(s) clean, inspect daily for any signs of infection
· Showering is allowed only 48 hrs after the procedure
· No tub soaking when sutures are still not removed yet
· Follow a balanced diet
· Increase fluid intake to prevent constipation from decreased activity
· Do not take aspirin or any products containing aspirin
· Do not drink alcohol when taking pain medications
· Do not smoke until the wound is completely healed
· Start to walk around as soon as possible to help reduce swelling and lower the chance of blood clots
Q1: Will my breasts sag after the procedure?
A1: this would vary among individuals, but fat injection can be performed at the same time as the removal procedure to prevent sagging. It is recommended that all treatments are completed in one day, as the shape of the bust will be beautifully finished.
Q2: How will the recovery look like?
A2: While it differs from person to person, recovery after breast implant removal surgery is usually smoother than the initial breast implant surgery.
Q3: What should I do to prepare for the surgery?
A3: Stop smoking to recover faster, and avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding.
Q4: Can I just leave my damaged implants in my breasts?
A4: If the silicone bag breaks, its contents are likely to leak out and become inflamed, causing pain and swelling, so it needs to be removed as soon as possible.
[Clinic Name] Banobagi Plastic & Aesthetic Clinic
[Location] Seoul, South Korea
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance from Yeoksam Station Exit 6 and Eonju Station Exit 7. Surrounded by a lot of eateries and hotels.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:30AM - 6:30PM) ; Saturday (9:30AM - 4:00PM)