It Is Suitable For
· Those in Seoul, South Korea looking for facial fat injection treatment.
· Those with sagging skin.
· Those with wrinkles and fine lines.
· Those who wish to have fuller facial contouring and smooth skin.
· Those who wish to look youthful and refreshed.
What is Facial Fat Grafting?
Facial Fat Grafting, also known as autologous fat transfer, is one of the most effective treatments to help improve fuller face volume and maintain youthfulness with skin rejuvenation. The procedure is also useful for treating sagging skin, where the result can be permanent if it is done right with a high survival rate of fat cells on the areas treated.
How It Works
Facial Fat Grafting works by first collecting small amount of fats from either abdomen or thighs for the preparation of fat injection. The fats purified will then be transferred onto the areas that need filling with a microdroplet technique. Depending on your facial and skin condition, the treatment can help to alter facial contours, add more volume, as well as tighten your skin, especially around the eyes, cheeks, and jawline.
Excess fat cells are usually transplanted more than needed as some will be reabsorbed and metabolized by your body; the remaining will then contribute to permanent results.
Recommended Treatment Areas
· Upper eyelid
· Between eyelids
· Nasolabial fold
· Lips (upper and lower)
· Marionette line
Facial Fat Grafting With PRP
As the survival rate of fats vary greatly from 10 to 90%, Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is highly recommended to be added simultaneously with Facial Fat Grafting for the ideal results. PRP is known as a natural reservoir of growth factors which stimulates tissue repair and regeneration, offering booster effect on fat grafts for better survival. Also, it helps to rejuvenate skin as well as reduce bruising and inflammation reaction.
In addition, another advantage also includes easier application of fat grafts due to the liquefaction effect of PRP.
Procedure for Facial Fat Grafting
1. Consultation and examination by the doctor to determine area(s) to be treated
2. Before starting the procedure, anesthesia will be administered
3. Fat harvesting from donor areas of your body will be done to extract tiny parcels of fats
4. Fats will be processed for injection
5. The obtained fats will then be injected into the predetermined areas on the face
6. End of treatment
Advantages and Limitations of Facial Fat Grafting
· Restores facial volume significantly
· No chemicals used
· Improves skin tone and texture
· Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
· Fewer risks and side effects
· Enhances contoured look
· Lasting results
· Injections may cause swelling, but this should subside in a few days
· Not a substitute for a weight loss plan
Facial Fat Grafting Post Care
· Refrain from making the intensive movement of facial muscles after the procedure (such as laughter or wide yawning)
· Avoid smoking for at least 3 weeks after the treatment
· Avoid taking blood-thinning medications for the first 2 weeks after the treatment unless directed
· Avoid strenuous exercise for the first 2 weeks
· Do not rub, massage or place tension on the treated areas for at least 2 weeks
· Avoid long hours of exposure to the sunlight
· Avoid facial acids (Retin A, salicylic and glycolic acid) for at least 3 weeks
· Avoid putting pressure on the treated area for effective results
Not everyone is a good candidate for fat transfer or facial fat grafting. The following conditions put patients at a much higher risk for serious problems:
· Immunosuppressed state
· On or have been on Accutane within the last three months
· Significant cardiac condition
Q1: Will the fat collection need any downtime like liposuction?
A1: No, it won’t need any downtime like liposuction. Only a small amount of fats is needed. You may however get some bruises or swelling, but this will fade quickly.
Q2: When can I see the results?
A2: Some changes can be seen immediately, and results will continue to improve over time for a period of 3 to 4 months.
Q3: Will the results look natural?
A3: Yes, they look natural and it's important to understand that the results may not look so dramatic in nature. The changes will be subtle but so attractive. It's a great option for those who want to avoid looking like they have had 'work done'.
Q4: Is there any minimum or maximum volume fixed for the transfer?
A4: The amount of augmentation that can be achieved during fat transfer depends on the amount of volume desired, the site which is being treated, and the amount of fat available for transfer.
Q5: Will the results change if I gain or lose weight?
A5: Fat cells are capable of expanding as well as shrinking during weight fluctuations, and the surviving cells transferred to the treated areas behave in the same way as other fat cells in the body. This means that grafted cells can expand if weight is gained, causing expansion in the treated areas. Harvest areas can also gain fat, but this generally happens at a slower rate, since there will be fewer fat cells remaining in the area. Patients will need to be diligent about maintaining a stable weight before and after fat transfer to preserve results.
[Clinic Name] Banobagi Plastic & Aesthetic Clinic
[Location] Seoul, South Korea
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance from Yeoksam Station Exit 6 and Eonju Station Exit 7. Surrounded by a lot of eateries and hotels.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:30AM - 6:30PM) ; Saturday (9:30AM - 4:00PM)