· Those who want a therapeutic massage experience in Chiang Mai.
· Those with tiredness or strained muscles.
· Those who want to relieve body soreness.
· Those who want to energize the body.
· Those who need a relaxation session.
What is Northern Style Massage?
Tok Sen Massage, or what is familiarly known as Northern Style Massage at out affiliated spa is an ancient and traditional massage originated from Northern part of Thailand and is also another one of the must-try.
Tok refers to 'to hit' and Sen refers to 'energy pathways within the body'. This massage uses a special wooden hammer to relax your muscles and relief pain in a rhythm of tapping motion. Not just using any hammer, Tok Sen Massage's hammer is commonly made from auspicious wood from tamarind tree, often blessed by a Buddhist monk.
Benefits of Northern Style Massage
Another one of unique Thai Style Massage, Northern Style Massage is believed to also:
· Heal chronic pain
· Improve pathways of the nervous system
· Suit any of your special needs
Advantages and Limitations of Northern Style Massage
· Balm will give a slight bearable heating sensation
· Please arrive 15 mins earlier so you will get an ample time for consultation and room set-up. This will also avoid a shortage in your treatment time.
· Our affiliated therapists will ask you to fill out a health questionnaire before starting your treatment. If you are unsure about the suitability of a treatment due to any health concerns, please let the therapists know for any advice.
· Please ensure that you have waited 30 to 60 mins after your last meal before starting the treatment.
Contraindications for this Massage
· Contagious diseases, including any cold or flu, no matter how mild it may seem
· Under the influence of drugs or alcohol-including prescription pain medication
· Recent operations or acute injuries
· Skin diseases
· Any health conditions that deem you unsuitable for the treatment
Massage Post Care
Of course you would want to let the effects of the massage stay as long as possible in your body, therefore, it is suggested that you:
· Drink lots of water
· Take a nice warm body bath at least after 3 to 4 hrs
· Pay attention to your body's reaction
· Have enough rest
· Welcome different emotions
Q1: Can I wear my clothes?
A1: You can wear your own bikini or briefs, but our affiliated spa can also provide you with hygienic disposable briefs. Alternatively, treatments may also be enjoyed without clothes. Choose what is most comfortable for you. Your privacy will always be respected.
Q2: Anything I should do before the massage?
A2: Please arrive 15 minutes earlier to avoid any unnecessary delay or shortage of the treatments.
Q3: How does a massage session help to improve my blood circulation?
A3: The pressure created by the massage technique can help to move blood through the congested areas. Improved blood flow can relieve pain and facilitate in faster healing.
Q4: I'm quite worried about my health concerns, can I get the massage?
A4: Please inform the therapists if you have concerns such as high blood pressure, allergies, physical ailments or disabilities, or if you are pregnant.
Q5: Are the products used safe?
A5: Yes, but if you have sensitive skin, please let the therapists know. If you are unsuitable for the cream used, other treatments can be suggested.
[Spa Name] Fah Lanna Spa
[Location] Chiang Mai, Thailand
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] A 15 mins drive from Chiang Mai International Airport, and 10 mins from the popular shopping centers such as Central Festival, MAYA Lifestyle, and CentralPlaza Chiang Mai
[Spa Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (10:00AM - 10:00PM) *Last appointment 9:00PM
Number of Postoperative Visit
May not be suitable for pregnant mothers
A health questionnaire will be given for you to fill out before your treatment
No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date. Failure to do so, you will be charged 100% of the treatment's fee