It Is Suitable For
· Those in Bangkok, Thailand for more than 3 days.
· Those with excess skin on the belly and lower back.
· Those who want to improve body contour after major weight loss.
· Those who want to remove excess skin folds after weight loss.
· Those who wish to improve discomfort, pain and/or rashes caused by excess skin folds.
What is Belt Lipectomy?
A belt lipectomy is a surgery done to remove excess skin folds and loose skin around the waist or belt line. This procedure instantly eliminates problematic loose, hanging and sagging skin folds that usually occur as a result of major weight loss through lifestyle changes or bariatric surgery. Patients opt for this surgery to improve body appearance by reshaping it into a smoother body line.
The skin can stretch over time during weight gain. When weight loss happens, the skin lacks in elasticity, which makes it hard to get rid of through exercise as the skin cannot conform to the new body shape. The loose skin can cause issues such as discomfort, rash, ulcers, poor hygiene and low self-esteem, among others. By opting for a Belt Lipectomy, patients can improve their quality of life after weight loss by removing extra folds of skin tissue.
How It Works
At our affiliated hospital, you will need to spend 3 nights in the ward for a better care. In the procedure, general anesthesia will be administered. The excess skin is marked and then removed during surgery. Drains may be used after the surgery and you can expect limited activity and some soreness for a few weeks. The result will be immediately visible, although you would have to wear a compression garment for up to 6 weeks to support the treated sites.
1. Consultation and examination will be done.
2. Anesthesia will be administered.
3. Incision will be made on the lower back and on the front of lower belly.
4. Excess fat and skin will be removed.
5. Skin will be tightened and incision will be closed.
6. Your condition will be monitored.
7. End of treatment. Before you are cleared to go home, the doctor will give guidance on aftercare and recovery process.
Advantages and Limitations of Belt Lipectomy
· Gives better body contour
· Increases confidence and comfort
· Safe and effective procedure
· Long-lasting results
· Immediate results
· Compression garment is needed to be worn for a few weeks or months
· Limited mobility for a few weeks during recovery
· Soreness may last for a week, please limit your activities during this time.
· Please take a couple of weeks rest before returning to light activities that should be done in small increments.
· It is best to have someone to help you with house chores and other necessities during recovery.
· Please go to follow-up appointments as required.
Q1: When can I go back to work?
A1: It is highly recommended that you take leave from work for 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the type of job you have and how fast you could recover. A consultation with the doctor can help you to determine this.
Q2: Will the results last?
A2: Yes, it can last a long time for as long as you watch your weight. Inevitably, natural aging process can make the skin less elastic with time.
Q3: Will there be scarring?
A3: Yes, scarring will be visible and extensive depending on how much tissue is removed. The scars will heal and fade, but although they can still be seen, the results from this surgery is outstanding.
Q4: Will the recovery be painful?
A4: You may experience discomfort especially during the first and second day post surgery, and you can expect limited mobility for a few weeks. It will be bearable and it's important that you follow all advice given by the doctor for a smooth recovery process.
[Clinic Name] Bangpakok 9 International Hospital
[Location] Bangkok, Thailand
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 10 mins drive from shopping malls such as Central Rama 2 and The Bright Rama 2, 20 mins drive from Baiyoke Tower 2
[Clinic Opening Time] Open 24 hrs
||2 - 3 hrs
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Suitable for those who have reached a stable weight
||Price may change according to difficulty of case
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date*
|Include In This Price
||Bangpakok 9 International Hospital, Rama 2 Road, Bang Mot, Chom Thong, Bangkok, Thailand