Breast Augmentation (Increase or Restore Breast Volume)
For more information, please contact Trambellir by “Enquiry Now”.
It Is Suitable For
· Those who want a safe breast augmentation procedure in Switzerland.
· Those who wish to improve the size and shape of their breasts.
· Those who wish to improve the symmetry of their breasts.
· Those who wish to restore volume to their breasts after weight loss, pregnancy or breastfeeding.
· Those who wish to enhance self-image and appearance.
What is Breast Augmentation?
For those looking for ways to enhance breast size and shape, surgical breast augmentation is one of the most popular and effective methods. Also known as breast enlargement, a breast augmentation can improve the fullness of your breasts and provide a curvier look to them. Breast augmentation involves the strategic and safe placement of selected implants inside the patient's breasts. Although there are many ways to augment the breasts, the most common way is to create a pocket under the breast tissue and place a breast implant into that pocket. A breast enlargement operation is done under either local or general anesthetic.
Types of Breast Augmentation
Implants can increase and restore breast size as well as enhance the shape and texture of the breasts. With implants, people with small breasts can achieve more symmetric, attractive and voluminous breasts. After a close assessment by the doctor, the most suitable implant type, size and incision location will be recommended, taking into account your condition and desired results.
· Fat Graft/Fat Transfer Method
A breast augmentation using a fat graft involves the harvesting of unnecessary fat from your chosen area (usually from the abdomen or thigh) and transferring it to your breasts. Instead of placing implants in the breasts, the fat transfer or fat graft method can provide a safer and more natural appearance.
Types of Incision for Breast Augmentation
To minimize visible scarring, incisions will be made in inconspicuous areas. Our affiliated doctor will decide on the incision options based on your condition and desired outcome. There are 3 main sites for incision to be made:
· Inframammary (at the fold below the breast)
· Axillary incision (at the armpit)
· Periareolar incision (along the areolar edge)
Breast Augmentation vs Breast Lift
· Increases breast size
· Restores volume using either implants or the fat transfer method
· Provides a fuller and curvier breast shape
· Improves small breasts that lack volume
· Repositions breast tissue
· Does not add volume to the breasts
· Corrects sagging or drooping breasts
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Augmentation
· Increases breast size
· Enhances breast shape
· Improves breast symmetry
· Restores volume to the breasts (after child-birth and breastfeeding)
· Long-lasting results
· Minimal downtime
· Creates breasts that is proportionate to other parts of the body
· General surgery risks
· Scars tend to remain (normal)
· Risk of implant rupture and other implant complications
Aftercare for Breast Augmentation
· You may return to work in 3 to 5 days after the procedure
· Avoid strenuous exercises and lifting heavy objects for at least 2 weeks
· For added support, you may be requiredd to wear surgical bras for about 2 weeks following the procedure
· Please adhere to postoperative visits set by the doctor for recovery monitoring
Q1: Which anesthesia is used for this procedure?
A1: Either sedation or general anesthesia can be used.
Q2: My breasts are unshapely after undergoing a mastectomy: Should I undergo a breast implant procedure?
A2: Typically, a breast reconstruction procedure is recommended for patients who have undergone a mastectomy.
Q3: How do I prepare for the procedure?
A3: About 6 weeks before the treatment, you are advised to stop smoking and using hormonal birth control methods to reduce the risk of complications. About 10 days prior to the procedure, you should stop taking blood-thinning medications like ibuprofen, aspirin, and medications containing those products. Please also reduce or stop taking vitamin E, omega 3 supplements as they can thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding.
Q4: What are the advantages of the different incision locations?
A4: The armpit incision is known for its barely visible incision marks. The areola incision is known for allowing a direct view of the surgical site, which permits the surgeon to be careful and precise when inserting the implant. It also allows for the surgeon to handle the breast tissue directly for better implant adaptation. The breast fold incision is known for its shorter surgery time and faster recovery period. However, scars may be visible if the lower part of the breast is exposed.
[Clinic Name] Clinique De Genolier
[Location] Geneva, Switzerland
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] A 2-minute walking distance from La Joy Clinique train station; 30-minute driving distance from Geneva Airport.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (8:00AM - 8:00PM)