It Is Suitable For
· Those who want a safe breast implant procedure in Mexicali, Mexico.
· Those with volume loss of breasts due to weight loss or breastfeeding.
· Those with small breasts.
· Those who want a more defined breast shape.
· Those who want a better symmetry of their breasts.
What is Breast Augmentation?
In a surgical breast augmentation, breast implants are inserted into the breasts in order to enlarge or restore the size of the breasts. It can give a better appearance of the body line especially for those who have naturally small breasts or experienced volume loss due to weight loss or breastfeeding. In most cases, breast implants are placed under the muscle to give a natural appearance. At our affiliated hospital, there are 3 types of implants available - Silicone Cohesive Gel, Gummy Bear and Saline. The right type of implant will be chosen for you according to what suits your needs. Breast augmentation procedure is one of the most popular surgical procedures in the world and carries a low risk of post-surgery complications.
How It Works
The procedure is done under Regional Blockage and IV sedation anesthesia. According to your desired size and shape, our affiliated doctor will decide on the type of incision: armpit (axillary incision), under the breast (inframammary incision) or around the nipple (periareolar incision). You are recommended to stay overnight at the hospital for maximum comfort 24 hours after surgery.
Types of Breast Implants at Our Affiliated Hospital
· Silicone Cohesive Gel
This type of breast implants is filled with silicone gel, which feels like the natural breast tissue. With these implants, you may need to visit your surgeon regularly for check-up to ensure the implants are in good condition. Silicone breast implants are FDA-approved for augmentation in women age 22 or older.
· Gummy Bear
Gummy bear implants have silicone gel that is thicker than the traditional silicone gel implants. This quality gives it a firmer feel compared to the regular silicone implants. Gummy bear breast implants also have more projection at the bottom and are tapered towards the top. Placement of gummy bear implants requires a slightly longer incision in the skin. This type of implant is approved for the purpose of breast augmentation in adults aged 22 and older and in women of all ages who are undergoing a breast reconstruction following cancer.
Saline breast implants have sterile salt water in its contents. It is soft and feels natural. Saline breast implants give a uniform shape, safety and firmness. It is FDA-approved for augmentation for women aged 18 and older.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
1. Consultation will be done by the doctor to assess your conditions and give outlines of the surgery based on your desired results.
2. Before surgery, the incision site will be marked.
3. Incision will be made at predetermined sites (armpit / under the breast / around the nipple).
4. Breast implants will be inserted.
5. End of surgery. For maximum comfort, you may need to stay overnight at the hospital.
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Augmentation
· Long-lasting results
· Increases confidence with body shape
· Safe procedure
· Gives bigger and symmetrical breasts
· Restores volume loss
· General surgery risks
· Scars tend to remain (normal)
· Risk of implant rupture and other implant complications
6 weeks before surgery:
· Stop smoking
· Refrain from using hormonal birth control to reduce complications risks
About 10 days prior to the procedure:
· Stop taking blood-thinning medications like ibuprofen, aspirin, and medications containing those products.
· Reduce or stop taking vitamin E, omega 3 supplements as they can thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding.
After Surgery Indications
· Wear a sports bra 24/7 as indicated by the surgeon.
· Do not lift heavy objects.
· Take your medication prescribed by the surgeon.
· Do not smoke for at least 6 weeks after the surgery.
· In case of fever, deep pain, bleeding, nausea, and vomiting contact your surgeon immediately.
· If the incision is opening, take pictures of the area and contact the surgeon.
· Avoid eating spicy food and fats.
· Do not exercise or do any strenuous activities for 6 to 8 weeks, and please start on a moderate pace.
Q1: Can I still breastfeed my children?
A1: Yes, it will not interfere with breastfeeding. Please consult with the surgeon if you are concerned.
Q2: What are the advantages of the different incision locations?
A2: The armpit incision is known for its barely visible incision marks. The areola incision is known for allowing a direct view of the surgical site, which permits the surgeon to be careful and precise when inserting the implant. It also allows for the surgeon to handle the breast tissue directly for better implant adaptation. The breast fold incision is known for its shorter surgery time and faster recovery period. However, scars may be visible if the lower part of the breast is exposed.
Q3: How do I know if I am getting an infection?
A3: If you have the following symptoms: high fever, vomiting, nausea, your incision color turns dark red or purple, and if the incision is producing pus. However, please rest assured that the infection risks are at 1%.
Q4: When can I expect the final results?
A4: Between 3 to 6 months. It’s important to practice good aftercare measures to ensure you recover well and get the desirable results.
Q5: How long will the implants last?
A5: The implants could last up to 10 years then they might need to be replaced.
[Clinic Name] Hospital de la Familia
[Location] Mexicali, Mexico
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] The hospital is about 17 mins drive from Mexicali International Airport and 10 mins drive from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali
[Clinic Opening Time] Daily (24 hrs)
||1 - 2 hrs
||3 - 5 days
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||1 - 3 times, depending on your condition
||An overnight stay is recommended
||You may be required to fill out a medical questionnaire and share previous medical records, pictures or any other tests
||Reschedule of treatments can be made without penalty. However, USD 250 deposit is non-refundable if cancellation takes place within 48 hrs prior to surgery.
|Include In This Price
||Hospital Stay, Doctor Fees, Material / Prosthetic
|| Hospital de la Familia, Circuito Brasil, Parque Industrial Álamo, El Alamo, Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico