It Is Suitable For
· Those in Dubai who need a tooth filling treatment.
· Those with tooth decay or toothache due to tooth damage.
· Those who wish to fix tooth/teeth affected by calculus/tartar.
· Those who wish to repair cracked or broken teeth.
· Those who wish to fix teeth that have been worn-down from tooth-grinding or nail-biting.
What is Dental Filling?
Dental Filling is a procedure usually performed as restorative dental care to fill the teeth where cavities once were.
The purpose of the procedure is to help make the tooth strong and functional as before the occurrence of the cavity. Before filling, it is necessary to remove the decay so the cavity will not get any larger or cause more damage.
How It Works
Dental filling works by drilling the decayed part of the tooth out, ensuring no further risks of infection observed, and fill the drilled part with the appropriate filling.
Composite resins are the most commonly used that gives the color of the teeth. They are very durable, last up to 15 years with good oral hygiene maintained. The composite is inserted in a form of a paste, and it then molds to the exact shape of the cavity to fill it up.
Molding is accomplished by using a bright ultraviolet light to harden it in a quick process called photo-polymerization.
At our affiliated clinic, a gold filling is also available. The surface is smooth when polished, and it will not harm any teeth next to it.
Other than that, a temporary filling can also be done for the tooth that requires different lengthy treatments; the decayed part will be removed and the tooth can be stabilized and desensitized before receiving permanent treatments.
Dental Filling Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of the condition
2. Application of local anesthesia
3. The drill will be used to remove the decayed part of the tooth
4. Filling of the hole with composite resin, gold filling, or temporary filling
Advantages and Limitations of Dental Filling
· Fills the missing tooth part
· Removes the decayed part of the tooth
· Makes the tooth stronger
· Repairs chipped or broken tooth
· Gives the natural appearance
· Chipping may still occur after a long time as it depletes from daily usage
Dental Filling Post Care
· Avoid eating or drinking food that can stain the composite resin for the first 48 hrs
· Brush your teeth at least twice a day - after eating and before bedtime to maintain the health of teeth
· Floss your teeth once or twice a day to keep the hygiene
· Rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash for at least once a day
· Be careful in chewing toffees, gum, and hard food
· It is advised to schedule for regular dental check-ups
Q1: How long can the filling last?
A1: The filling can last up to at least 5 years and more.
Q2: Will the drilling of the decayed part hurt?
A2: The procedure will be performed with local anesthesia, no pain will be experienced.
Q3: How to prevent cavities?
A3: General care for teeth such as brushing your teeth twice a day and avoiding excess sweetened foods can easily prevent cavities.
Q4: Will my tooth be sensitive after filling?
A4: Sensitivity will be felt and subside within 2 to 4 weeks.
Q5: How long does it take for the anesthesia to wear off?
A5: Tooth will feel numb for 2 to 3 hrs, whereas lips and tongue can be numbed up to 5 hrs.
[Clinic Name] Micris Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins drive to Jumeirah Beach, Open Beach & Dubai Water Canal
[Clinic Opening Time] Saturday to Wednesday (8:00AM - 8:00PM) ; Thursday (8:00AM - 6:00PM) ; Closed on Friday
||1 - 2 hrs
||1 - 3 days
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Depending on your condition
||Transfer services can be arranged from and to the clinic, provided that bookings are made a few days prior the treatment
||Once booking is made, 20% of the treatment fees will be charged upon cancellation
||The price displayed for composite filling is an averaged estimation. Price ranges from USD 222 - 472. Additional checkup / consultation fee may be applicable
||Villa 351 Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates