It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for an effective detoxification therapy in Phuket, Thailand.
· Those who live in areas with a high level of air and water pollution.
· Those who commonly experience nausea, headaches and vomiting.
· Those who wish to detoxify their bodies from heavy metals like lead, mercury, iron and arsenic.
· Those who wish to reduce the risks of cell aging, arteriosclerosis, cerebral infarction and heart disease.
What is Heavy Metal Detox?
A lot of people living in the city nowadays are exposed to various harmful substances due to pollution. This increases risks of heavy metal poisoning, especially those who work in a factory with high levels of water and air pollution, those exposed to old lead paint or even those consuming seafood caught in area with high level of mercury.
At our affiliated center, Heavy Metal Detox therapy, also known as chelation drip, is a treatment that can bind the toxic heavy metals and help the body to excrete them.
Since chelation drip also has an antioxidant effect, it may help in preventing cell aging and provides health benefits such as improving arteriosclerosis, heart disease and preventing cerebral infarction.
This procedure requires several sessions to clear out the heavy metals. Repeat sessions may be necessary depending on your condition.
How It Works
Our bodies contain a low level of heavy metals. However, exposure to heavy metals to a higher degree can cause frequent nausea, headaches and vomiting. This treatment is based on the process of chelation, which involves intravenous administration of a potent antioxidant called ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA). Once EDTA gains entry into the bloodstream, it binds with heavy metals like lead, cadmium and iron that can cause free radical damage to the arteries. By adhering to these metals and transporting them out of the body through the urine, EDTA decreases the body’s toxic metal load and delays the side effects such as atherosclerosis.
Procedure of Heavy Metal Detox
1. Consultation and examination will be done by the doctor.
2. Drip insertion will be done by the doctor. Throughout the procedure, you will be seated on a recliner for up to 3 hrs.
3. Once session is completed, IV drip will be removed by the doctor.
4. End of treatment. Please rest after the procedure.
Advantages and Limitations of Heavy Metal Detox
· Safe and painless
· Relaxing procedure
· Reduces the occurrence of nausea, vomiting and migraines
· Improves overall health by aiding in excretion of toxic heavy metals
· May reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases
· Potential bruising or burning sensation at the drip injection site
· Side effects such as feeling nauseous and getting headaches after the procedure. Please take a rest after treatment.
· Pregnant women
· Patients who have heart or kidney failure
· Other conditions that deem you unsuitable for a chelation drip
Q1: Is it safe?
A1: Yes, chelation therapy is an effective and FDA-approved treatment for people with heavy metal poisoning as it detoxifies the toxic substances from your body. The doctor at our affiliated clinic will also perform a thorough examination to determine your suitability.
Q2: How does chelation therapy reduce risks of cardiovascular disease?
A2: A potent antioxidant called ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) administered through the IV drip clears out too much calcium from artery walls. Since calcification of arteries is a significant factor in atherosclerosis, this is also an added approach in which chelation restores the function of arteries and promotes blood flow. Furthermore, chelation has blood-thinning properties and prevents the development of potentially lethal blood clots that can lead to a heart attack or stroke.
Q3: What are the side effects?
A3: A common side effect is a burning sensation near the injection site. Other mild to moderate side effects may include fever, headache, nausea and vomiting. Therefore, it is advised to rest after the procedure.
[Clinic Name] Lyfe Medical Wellness
[Location] Phuket, Thailand
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to restaurants and spas, and within 10 mins driving distance to various beaches and viewpoints.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (8:30AM - 5:30PM)