It Is Suitable For
· Those in Mexicali who need full mouth teeth restoration.
· Those with all/almost full mouth tooth loss.
· Those with all/almost full mouth tooth decay.
· Those who wish to have full mouth teeth restoration.
· Those who wish to have a fully renewed teeth appearance.
What is All-On-4?
All-On-4 is an innovative dental implant that gives the full mouth a teeth restoration with using just 4 implants on top and 4 on the bottom as the main anchors.
Instead of having multiple dental implants performed on each tooth, All-On-4 focuses on just 4 tilted implants as the main sites to attach the whole full arch false teeth. As the implant is made of titanium, it has the unique ability to fuse to the living bone and function normally as part of it. With this, the implants become part of the jawbone and serve as the strong and long-lasting foundation of the patient's new teeth.
Other than keeping the implants in place, bone fusion can prevent future bone loss in the jaw. This effect aids to maintain youthful facial appearance and better oral health.
How It Works
All-On-4 works like dental implants, but with fewer implants needed for the whole mouth teeth restoration. The procedure is unique as it can be performed graftless. A temporary fixed full-arch prosthesis can be inserted on the same day of surgery. Bone grafting is avoided for this procedure by tilting the posterior implants, utilizing available bones. There will be 2 straight anterior implants and 2 implants tilted up to 45 degrees in the posterior.
The permanent overdenture will be ready after 6 to 9 months of the surgery, made from porcelain and other high-quality and durable material. With the maintenance of good hygiene and regular checkups, All-On-4 can last up for 10 years or longer.
· Oral health examination will be done thoroughly
· 3-D CT (CAT) scan will be taken to evaluate the bone quality and density
· Detailed impression molds of gum line will be created
· Patients are required to stop smoking for at least 2 weeks prior to the treatment
· Medications that may affect the procedure will be changed or stopped
1. Consultation and examination of mouth condition
2. X-ray and CT scan will be performed to determine the suitable implants
3. Dental impressions or mouth scanning will be done and sent to the lab
4. Extraction of the remaining tooth (if any) under local anesthesia
5. Thorough cleaning of mouth
6. Application of anesthesia
7. Drilling of the holes for implants
8. Placing of implants and incisions stitched after cleaning
9. New teeth may be fitted on the same day or the following day
10. Temporary overdenture may be inserted and replaced a few months later
Advantages and Limitations of All-On-4
· Shorter treatment and recovery time
· Implants placed on the same day as extraction
· Comfortable and stable to support teeth
· No removing for cleaning is required
· Do not slip or fall out
· Suitable for patients with loss of jaw bone
· Some speech difficulty may be experienced for the first few months
All-On-4 Post Care
· Only soft foods will be allowed for the first few months after treatment
· Avoid smoking for at least 3 weeks after the treatment
· Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 4 weeks after the treatment
· Maintain good oral hygiene, brushing may be reduced to once a day
· Water flosser is recommended
· Regular checkups is recommended
Q1: Will the implants be visible?
A1: No, artificial gums will give a natural appearance.
Q2: Will this technique result in a bone loss?
A2: This technique helps to maintain the bone.
Q3: How long can this last?
A3: All-On-4 can last 10 years or longer, depending on the maintenance care.
Q4: Is this removable?
A4: No, it is fixed in place and act just like natural teeth.
Q5: Will there be eating restrictions?
A5: It is encouraged to not chew on hard foods to prevent the breakage.
[Clinic Name] Hospital de la Familia
[Location] Mexicali, Mexico
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] The hospital is about 17 mins drive from Mexicali International Airport and 10 mins drive from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali
[Clinic Opening Time] Daily (24 hrs)