It Is Suitable For
· Those who want a safe breast augmentation procedure in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
· Those with breasts that have lost firmness and volume due to pregnancy or weight changes.
· Those with drooping breasts or large breasts.
· Those who want a more defined breast shape.
· Those who want a better symmetry of their breasts.
What are Breast Augmentation Packages?
These packages aim to give a better appearance of the body line especially for those who have experienced volume loss and breast drooping due to weight loss or breastfeeding. It's also for those who have large breasts that lead to shoulder and neck pain as well as other discomfort in their daily lives. Through the combined procedures available, you can achieve your ideal figure with a more satisfying finish in terms of overall appearance and comfort.
In a surgical breast augmentation, breast implants are inserted into the breasts in order to enlarge or restore the size of the breasts. When combined with a breast lift, the procedure can add volume to the breasts and lift lax tissues. Depending on cases, breast implants are placed under the breast tissue or behind the chest muscles. At our affiliated medical center, there are 2 types of implants available - round and teardrop shape:
· Round breast implants:
Most commonly used, and usually filled with either saline or silicone.
· Teardrop breast implants:
Have thinner upper part and a round base, which mimics the shape of natural breasts. Commonly constructed from semi solid silicone. A lot of people feel that this shape resembles the natural breasts more than the round implants. But a thing to consider is that when you are lying down, the round-shaped implants will look more natural as the filler becomes evenly distributed. Meanwhile, teardrop-shaped implants will remain in original shape. Therefore, it comes down to personal preference when choosing your implant shape.
Mastopexy, also known as breast lift, is a surgical procedure performed to correct and lift the breasts that are droopy or sagging. Pregnancy, weight loss, menopause, and aging cause the breasts to lose its volume and the skin stretched. This results in breasts that lose their firmness as well as lost their youthful and perky shape. The main procedure of breast lift is to tighten the skin envelope of the breasts by tightening the skin with these surgical approaches:
· Circumareolar - Also known as Benelli or donut mastopexy. Suitable for those with minor breast ptosis.
· Inverted T technique - An incision around the areola, then a vertical incision from the areola down to the breast crease, followed by a horizontal incision along the breast crease. Suitable for those with serious deflation of the breasts.
This is a treatment to address large breasts issues. Large breasts can lead to shoulder pain, neck pain, rashes on the chest as well as grooves on the shoulder due to weighted down bra straps. In a breast reduction combined with breast lift, the surgeon will remove excess tissue to make the breasts smaller and reposition the nipples for a better contour of the breasts.
Procedure of Breast Augmentation Packages
1. Consultation will be done by the doctor to assess your conditions and give outlines of the surgery based on your desired results.
2. Before surgery, the incision site will be marked.
3. Incision will be made at predetermined sites (armpit / under the breast / around the nipple).
4. Breasts will be reshaped according to your desired procedure (through insertion of implants / repositioning of the nipples / removal of excess tissue).
5. End of surgery. You are required to stay at the hospital for 1 night.
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Augmentation Packages
· Long-lasting results
· Increases confidence with body shape
· Safe procedure
· Gives more symmetrical breasts
· Restores volume loss
· General surgery risks
· Potential risk of unfavorable scarring, asymmetry, swelling, bruising, fluid accumulation and few others
Here are some points that patients need to be prepared prior to the treatment:
· Inform the doctor of any pre-existing medical conditions and drug allergy. All medical conditions must be treated and stabilized before surgery.
· Stop smoking at least one week before surgery.
· Stop supplements that contain vitamin E, ginseng, ginkgo, garlic, fish oil and other ingredients that can increase bleeding during surgery.
· Stop blood-thinning medications such as aspirin, NSAIDs, and warfarin. However, patients may need to consult the physician who prescribed the medicine before stopping them.
· Wear simple and comfortable clothing on the day of surgery.
· Do not wear any jewelry and metal objects on the face and body.
· Wear a sports bra 24/7 as indicated by the surgeon.
· Do not lift heavy objects.
· Take your medication as prescribed by the surgeon.
· Do not smoke for at least 6 weeks after the surgery.
· In case of fever, deep pain, bleeding, nausea, and vomiting contact your surgeon immediately.
· If the incision is opening, take pictures of the area and contact the surgeon.
· Do not exercise or do any strenuous activities for 6 to 8 weeks, and please start on a moderate pace.
· Attend follow-up appointments as required.
Q1: How do I know if I am getting an infection?
A1: If you have the following symptoms: high fever, vomiting, nausea, your incision color turns dark red or purple, and if the incision is producing pus, please contact your attending physician. However, please rest assured that the infection risks are very low.
Q2: When can I expect the final results?
A2: Between 3 to 6 months. It’s important to practice good aftercare measures to ensure you recover well and get the desirable results.
Q3: How long will the implants last?
A3: The implants could last up to 10 years then they might need to be replaced.
Q4: Is the result permanent?
A4: The effect of aging will still continue after the surgery. That means the breasts could slowly sag again over time.
Q5: How long do I need for recovery?
A5: Recovery depends on your healing process, for at least 3 weeks. However, if you have a physical labor-intensive job you will not be able to go back to work until after 6 weeks post-surgery.
Q6: Can I still breastfeed my children?
A6: Yes. But please also consult your surgeon about this concern as it may be subject to your condition.
[Clinic Name] Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre (KL)
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins driving distance from partner hotels: Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre, MiCasa All Suites Hotel, and shopping centre Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Also, KL Sentral, as well as KLCC, are reachable within 15 mins drive.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 3:00PM)