It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for a pediatric dental care in Dubai.
· Those who want to get a professional dental cleaning for children.
· Those who want to prevent cavities and tooth decay in children.
· Those who want to build their children's good attitude towards dental visits.
· Those who want to ensure an optimum level of dental hygiene for their children.
What is Children’s Dental Cleaning and Fluoride Application?
This procedure involves a dental cleaning for your kids, followed by a fluoride varnish treatment and dental sealants application as a preventive dental care for your children. Regular visits of 2 to 4 times a year are recommended to maintain a good oral health among children. The specific number of visit would depend on the child's particular condition after examination by the dentist. Apart from maintaining their oral health since an early age, an exposure to regular dental visits can help to promote an encouraging attitude towards their dental care, health and habits.
Importance of Fluoride
· Fluoride helps to prevent dental decay for individuals of any age at risk by making the tooth enamel more resistant to plaque and acid attacks.
· Studies reveal that children who consumed fluoridated water from birth had less dental decay.
· Dentists prescribe mouth rinse with fluoride for those who have a lot of cavities.
1. Examination and consultation with the dentist.
2. Teeth will be cleaned to remove plaque and tartar.
3. Fluoride will be applied on the child's teeth.
4. Proper dental care will be demonstrated by the dentist.
5. End of treatment.
Advantages and Limitations of Children's Dental Cleaning and Fluoride Application
· Early prevention strategy
· A chance to plan treatment strategies for any dental issues
· Helps to maintain oral health from an early age
· Gives insights on your child's dental health status
· No downtime
· Quick procedure
· Young children may feel uncomfortable during the procedure
· Only give soft foods and cold or warm liquids after the fluoride is applied. Refrain from giving hot water and foods.
· Do not let your child brush or floss the teeth for 4 to 6 hrs, or as recommended by the dentist.
· Remind your child to spit when rinsing if he/she already knows how to spit.
General Dental Care
· Ensure your child brushes his or her teeth at least twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride
· Help them to floss daily
· Encourage healthy diet since an early age
· Attend regular dental visits as recommended by your dentist
Q1; Will it be painful for my child?
A1: It is painless, but some children may still cry if they are uncomfortable. But the procedure will only take a few minutes. You may be asked to hold your child to calm him down.
Q2: Is fluoride application safe?
A2: Yes, and your child will hardly swallow it as only a small amount is used. Fluoride helps to prevent tooth decay. Most children also like the taste.
Q3: Will the fluoride come off if my child licks it on their teeth?
A3: No. It will quickly harden.
Q4: When should my child start visiting the dentist?
A4: You can start a regular schedule to visit the dentist at the age of 12 months, and dental cleaning can start between the age of 12 and 36 months.
Q5: How can I calm my child before the visit?
A5: Tell the child about how important dental care is, and share about what the dentist is going to do in a simple and age-appropriate language. Too many details can be overwhelming to the child, hence keep it simple.
[Clinic Name] Micris Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins drive to Jumeirah Beach, Open Beach & Dubai Water Canal
[Clinic Opening Time] Saturday to Wednesday (8:00AM - 8:00PM) ; Thursday (8:00AM - 6:00PM) ; Closed on Friday
||30 - 60 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Transfer services can be arranged from and to the clinic, provided that bookings are made a few days prior the treatment
||Once booking is made, 20% of the treatment fees will be charged upon cancellation
||Additional checkup / consultation fee may be applicable
||Villa 351 Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates