It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for a dental examination procedure in Dubai.
· Those who want to prevent plaque, tartar, cavities and tooth decay.
· Those who want to check or prevent gum diseases.
· Those who want to ensure an optimum level of dental hygiene.
What is Dental Check Up?
A dental check up is an examination of your oral health by the dentist. This should be done ideally every 6 months or as recommended by your dentist. This is important to keep your teeth and gums healthy while also detecting any issues early so that you can get the best treatment.
In the checkup, the dentist will ensure that your gums are still firm and there is no swelling or receding gums. If they are found, the underlying cause will be planned for treatment. Apart from that, early signs of tooth decay, small cavities, white spots on teeth, plaque and tartar will also be checked. If you are found to have any issues needing attention, the best dental treatments can be suggested or scheduled.
Procedure of Dental Check Up
Usually, a dental check up will involve these steps:
1. Your teeth, gums and mouth will be examined.
2. Your medical condition will be enquired such as diabetes, bleeding problems and other systemic diseases. Your lifestyle (e.g. diet and/or smoking habits) should also be shared with the dentist.
3. Following treatments / checkups will be suggested or scheduled, depending on your condition.
Advantages and Limitations of Dental Check Up
· Early prevention strategy
· A chance to plan treatment strategies for any dental issues
· Helps to maintain oral health
· Gives insights on your dental health status
· No downtime
· Quick procedure
· Continuous care of your teeth and gums will always be necessary
General Care For Teeth
· Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride
· Floss daily
· Use a mouthwash to control plaque bacteria and to keep your breath fresh
· Attend regular dental visits as recommended by your dentist
Q1: Who needs less or more frequent dental check up appointments?
A1: Generally, twice a year is enough for most people. But people with gum disease, plaque build-up, cavities, weakened immune system and/or trauma may need more visits. Please ask your dentist about what will work best for your state of health.
Q2: Is flossing necessary if I have brushed my teeth regularly?
A2: Brushing your teeth is great if done regularly as it gets rid of the bacteria feeding on food particles left in your mouth. But the tiny spaces between your teeth are unreachable by the toothbrush, so flossing helps to get rid of the bacteria. Flossing removes the plaque in which the bacteria live in, so if you do not floss, the plaque will eventually harden into tartar. Only dentists can scrape off tartar as brushing the teeth can't remove it.
Q3: How do I prevent cavities from forming?
A3: Spend at least 2 minutes to brush your teeth to destroy the bacteria on your teeth. Do not brush too hard as only a little pressure is needed to remove plaque. Besides that, make sure to floss at least once a day to ensure an optimum hygiene level.
Q4: I do not have any gum problems. Should I scale and polish my gums and teeth?
A4: Many dentists or hygienists suggest scaling and polishing even if their patients are considered to be at low risk of developing gum disease. The idea is to "prevent" gum disease.
Q5: I am wearing dentures, so do I still need to go for a check up?
A5: Yes. Although you won't have to worry about dental decay, dentures are still susceptible to issues like ill fitting, mouth sores, hygiene and wearing off of the appliance. Regular visits can help to check for the need for a replacement or necessary treatments.
[Clinic Name] Dr Michael's Dental Clinic (Umm Suqeim and Jumeirah Branch)
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 15 mins drive from The Dubai Mall, City Walk, beaches, and waterparks; 20 mins drive from The Palm Jumeirah, IMG Worlds of Adventure, Dubai Miracle Garden, etc.
[Clinic Opening Time] Saturday to Wednesday (8:00AM - 8:00PM) ; Thursday (8:00AM - 6:00PM) ; Closed on Friday
||30 - 60 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Transfer services can be arranged from and to the clinic, provided that bookings are made a few days prior the treatment
||Once booking is made, 20% of the treatment fees will be charged upon cancellation
||Additional checkup / consultation fee may be applicable
||Villa 1016 Al Wasl Road, Umm Suqeim 1, P.O. Box 213720, Dubai, United Arab Emirates