It Is Suitable For
· Those around Dubai and looking for Tooth Filling treatments.
· Those with tooth decay.
· Those with toothache due to tooth damage.
· Those who wish to protect their teeth from further decay.
· Those who wish to maintain oral hygiene.
What is a Dental Filling?
Dental filling is used to fill up a part of your tooth that has decayed. In addition to preventing decay and severe tooth damage, a dental filling is done to prevent discomfort or pain in the future.
Our affiliated clinic offers dental fillings using composite resin, amalgam and ceramic.
Amalgam Vs Composite Resin Fillings
Whilst Amalgam fillings are less expensive and more hardy, they may require the removal of healthy part of your tooth. Composite Resin Fillings are not as hardy as amalgam, but are long-lasting as long as you maintain proper oral hygiene.
In addition, composite resin fillings can be used to repair all kinds of tooth damage using less drilling. Lastly, Composite Resin Fillings match the color of natural tooth.
Class I and Class V
Class I corresponds to cavities on surfaces of a posterior tooth you can clinically see—occlusal / lingual / buccal surfaces.
Class V is referred to cavity on the cervical third of the facial or lingual surfaces of any tooth
Class II and Class IV
Class II corresponds to surfaces of a posterior tooth you cannot see clinically - premolars / molars
Class IV is referred to cavities on proximal surfaces of incisors or canines that involve the incisal angle
Dental Filling Procedure
1. Your teeth will be cleaned and any tooth decay will be removed. If needed, some space will be made for the dental filling procedure.
2. The dental filling procedure begins. A tooth-colored material will typically be used as a dental filling. It will be applied onto the area where the tooth decay used to be. This step will be done in layers.
3. A special light will be used to harden the layer.
4. If necessary, excess material will be trimmed off and the filling will be shaped.
5. You may opt to have scaling and polishing done at the end.
Advantages and disadvantages of Dental Filling
· Closely matches natural tooth color
· More versatile use - used to repai chipped, broken or worn teeth
· Less drilling is involved
· Bond directly to the tooth, making it stronger
· Protects your teeth from further decay
· Does not last as long as amalgam
· Can cost up to twice the cost of amalgam
Q1: How long do fillings last?
A1: Depending on the maintainance of oral hygiene care, it usually lasts anywhere between 7 -15 years or more.
Q2: Is it true that fillings weaken teeth?
A2: For as long as dental hygiene is prioritized, fillings should reduce the risk of tooth decay.
Q3: What happens if I just let my decayed tooth without filling?
A3: When decay damages your tooth, irreversible destruction could occur to your enamel and may cause destruction to neighboring teeth as well.
Q4: Will it hurt?
A4: Most people reported that you may only experience the feel of a slight prick of a needle, and that too for a brief - at the point of insertion.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Hussein Labib Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to hotels, shopping places and pizza restaurant
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:00AM - 1:00PM; 5:00PM - 8:00PM)