It Is Suitable For
· Those in Dubai who need tooth damage treatment.
· Those with decayed teeth.
· Those with damaged teeth.
· Those who wish to improve their teeth appearance.
· Those who wish to have partial crowns.
What are Inlay and Onlay?
Is your teeth too damaged to support a filling but it does not require crown yet? Inlay and Onlay are usually the best options for this.
Inlay and Onlay are considered "indirect" fillings. They are fabricated and bonded onto the teeth to fill and protect the damaged part of the tooth; inlays are for the case that tooth has a certain depth of damage, whereas onlays are used in the case where the tooth surface is damaged.
Inlay And Onlay Treatment Procedure
1. First Evaluation and Inlays/Onlays Tooth preparation
· Reshape adjacent teeth to receive new Inlay/Onlay
· Take records of color, bite, lengths and shape of Inlay/Onlay
· Take impression as a replica model of teeth and send to the lab for fabrication according to the desired type
· Cover the preparation site
2. Fitting of the bridge on delivery
· Remove the temporary filling
· Fit in the Inlay/Onlay and cement into place
· Check quality assurance for any adjustments or re-works
3. Care of Inlay/Onlay
· Brush and floss bridge as recommended by the dentist
Advantages and Limitations of Inlay and Onlay
· Improves teeth strength
· Porcelain inlays/onlays do not discolor
· Provides better aesthetic than amalgam fillings
· No downtime
· Requires 2nd visit since inlays and onlays restorations need some time to prepare at the lab
Inlay and Onlay Post Care
· Brush your teeth at least twice a day - after eating and before bedtime
· Floss your teeth once or twice a day
· Rinse vigorously with fluoride rinse for at least 1 min before bed
· Be careful in chewing toffees, gum, and tough food
· Go for regular dental check-ups
Q1: What is the difference between Inlay/Onlay and FIllings/Crowns?
A1: In comparison to fillings or crowns, Inlay/Onlay are considered stronger, longer-lasting, and usually used for larger areas of decay. Also, Inlay/Onlay are smaller in size, cheaper and does not require as much tooth enamel removal as crowns.
Q2: How long can Inlay/Onlay last?
A2: Since they are created outside of the mouth, they are stronger and more durable than fillings and can last up to 30 years.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Hussein Labib Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to hotels, shopping places and pizza restaurant
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:00AM - 1:00PM; 5:00PM - 8:00PM)