It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for a preventive dental care in Dubai.
· Those who wish to prevent gum disease.
· Those who wish to remove existing dental calculus and plaques.
· Those who wish to have their teeth cleaned thoroughly on the inside and out.
· Those who wish to have their teeth polished.
What is Dental Prophylaxis?
Dental Prophylaxis is a preventive and routine procedure in dental medicine that involves scaling and polishing. In this dental appointment, your mouth will also be inspected for any signs of oral health problems.
In the procedure, often the dental hygienist will look at your medical history to assess any changes that may affect your dental health, such as pregnancy, medications, diabetes and other updates. As a preventive measure, a physical and visual examination of the mouth and neck may also be conducted to screen for oral cancer.
Procedure for Dental Prophylaxis
1. An examination of your oral condition will be done.
2. Plaque and tartar around your gum line and in between your teeth are removed with a scaler. This is called scaling.
3. Polishing is performed using a concentrated spray of air, water, and a very fine powder.
Advantages and Limitations of Dental Prophylaxis
· Prevents gum disease
· Removes dental plaque and calculus
· Removes stains
· Painless procedure
· No downtime
· Regular sessions are needed to maintain good oral health
General Dental Care
· Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a toothpaste that contains fluoride
· Floss daily
· Use a mouthwash to control plaque bacteria and to keep your breath fresh
· Attend regular dental visits as recommended by your dentist
Q1: I do not have any gum problems. Should I scale and polish my gums and teeth?
A1: Many dentists or hygienists suggest scaling and polishing even if their patients are considered to be at low risk of developing gum disease. The idea is to "prevent" gum disease.
Q2: Will the treatment hurt?
A2: No, but it may cause a bit of discomfort during the procedure.
Q3: Will my teeth become white after scaling?
A3: No, scaling and polishing only removes external stains and the original teeth color remains unchanged.
Q4: Will it harm my teeth?
A4: No, scaling is a procedure performed to preserve teeth and gums, thus no further harm will be done to the teeth.
Q5: Is there anything I should not do or avoid after scaling?
A5: It is recommended to avoid food or drinks that could stain your teeth for 24 hrs after the treatment. Also, it's best to avoid smoking for 24 hrs after getting scaling done.
[Clinic Name] Dr Michael's Dental Clinic (Umm Suqeim and Jumeirah Branch)
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 15 mins drive from The Dubai Mall, City Walk, beaches, and waterparks; 20 mins drive from The Palm Jumeirah, IMG Worlds of Adventure, Dubai Miracle Garden, etc.
[Clinic Opening Time] Saturday to Wednesday (8:00AM - 8:00PM) ; Thursday (8:00AM - 6:00PM) ; Closed on Friday
||45 - 60 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Transfer services can be arranged from and to the clinic, provided that bookings are made a few days prior the treatment
||Once booking is made, 20% of the treatment fees will be charged upon cancellation
||Price displayed is an averaged estimation. Fixed prices may be more or less depending on the severity of your case. Additional checkup / consultation fee may be applicable
||Villa 1016 Al Wasl Road, Umm Suqeim 1, P.O. Box 213720, Dubai, United Arab Emirates