It Is Suitable For
· Those who can stay in / revisit Mexicali for 4 weeks.
· Those with discolored or worn down teeth.
· Those with chipped or irregularly shaped teeth.
· Those with misaligned and uneven teeth.
· Those who want to improve the color, shape, size or length of their teeth.
What are Dental Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells composed of tooth colored materials that are custom made and bonded to the surface of the tooth to enhance its appearance. With dental veneers, you can get perfectly aligned teeth that are pearly white or match your natural color. It’s a common method for smile makeover procedure.
Types of Veneers
· Made in a lab
· More resistant to stain compared to other materials
· Requires multiple visits to the dentist to get it done
2. Composite bonding
· Made of resin that is shaped and bonded to a tooth
· Only needs 1 appointment to remove a small amount of tooth structure and bond filling material
· Does not resist staining as well as porcelain veneers
The type that is best for you can be decided by the dentist. Usually, if the needed changes are minor and your teeth can still function properly, then composite bonding is a good option. Porcelain veneers are a preferred choice to fix teeth that are spaced, broken or stained.
How It Works
Porcelain veneers procedure is a multi-step process. After consultation, the dentist would explain how veneers will fit and work for you. X-rays or the impression of the teeth is needed to prepare the veneers. When the temporary veneers are done, a small amount of tooth structure is removed to fit the temporary veneers. The temporary veneers will be removed when your final veneers are done to be bonded to your teeth.
Composite bonding only requires 1 appointment to remove a small amount of tooth structure before bonding the filling material to your teeth.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
1. Consultation and examination will be done.
2. Impressions of your gums and teeth and/or X-ray will be taken.
3. Veneers will be prepared. This may take some time.
4. A small amount of your tooth will be removed to place temporary veneers.
5. When finalized veneers are ready, the temporaries will be removed and the final veneers will be bonded to the teeth.
1. Consultation and examination will be done.
2. Small amount of tooth structure will be removed and tooth filling material will be bonded to the tooth/teeth.
Advantages and Limitations of Dental Veneers
· Looks natural
· Restores smile and increases confidence
· Stain resistant, especially for porcelain veneers
· Gum tissues respond well to dental veneers
· Risk of chipping or cracking the veneers, especially for those who who grind or clench their teeth
Caring for Dental Veneers
· Brush the teeth at least 2 times a day for 2 minutes.
· Flossing should be done daily.
· Avoid eating hard foods like almonds and cracking shells with teeth on a frequent basis.
· Wear a bite guard at night if you are prone to grind the teeth while sleeping.
· Visit the dentist regularly for check-up.
Q1: How long do veneers last?
A1: They can last for 5 to 10 years. With good care, they can last long. But if any sign of irritation occurs, please see the dentist immediately.
Q2: Can veneers decay?
A2: Yes, just like normal teeth, if you do not maintain good oral health, veneers may be susceptible to decay.
Q3: Will the procedure be painful?
A3: It may feel uncomfortable when taking the impressions, but usually patients are numb for the veneering process. Pain after the procedure can be alleviated with over the counter medications.
Q4: Can I eat immediately after the procedure?
A4: Yes, but please eat soft foods for the first few days. After several weeks and you have adapted to the new bite position, you can eat harder foods, although it is recommended to avoid chewing ice, hard biscuits, nuts etc.
Q5: Can I choose veneers that are whiter than the natural color of my teeth?
A5: You can, but it is recommended that you go for teeth whitening procedure for better aesthetics of the natural teeth.
[Clinic Name] Hospital de la Familia
[Location] Mexicali, Mexico
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] The hospital is about 17 mins drive from Mexicali International Airport and 10 mins drive from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali
[Clinic Opening Time] Daily (24 hrs)
||3 - 4 weeks
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||1 - 3 Visits
||Not suitable for those with poor gum health
||Reschedule of treatments can be made without penalty. However, a $250 deposit is non-refundable if cancellation takes place within 48 hrs prior to surgery.
|Include In This Price
||Consultation Fees, Dental Treatment Materials
|| Hospital de la Familia (Family Hospital), Circuito Brasil, El Alamo, Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico