It Is Suitable For
· Those in Tokyo, Japan looking for fat reduction for cheeks area.
· Those with chipmunk cheeks.
· Those with chubby lower cheeks since birth.
· Those who wish to eliminate chubby cheeks.
· Those who wish to have a slimmer facial appearance.
What is Facial Fat Removal?
Facial Fat Removal is a surgical procedure performed to reduce or eliminate fats that make the upper and lower cheeks prominent. The condition can occur since birth by genetics and the only way to have a slimmer facial appearance is to undergo this treatment. The other purpose behind this procedure is to contour, chisel, and define the cheekbones. You can achieve a much more matured and sculpted face shape with just this simple surgery.
How It Works
At our affiliated clinic, the procedure can be performed for both upper and lower cheeks.
Mailer fat can be found firm on the upper cheeks but it tends to cause the skin on your cheeks to sag as you age. Both mailer and buccal fat removal work by making a small incision on each side of the cheeks at the fat pads. When it is done right, the fat would ooze out from the incisions and hence results in the reduction in shape and size of the cheeks.
Buccal Fat Removal Vs Mailer Fat Removal
For the upper cheeks, the mailer fat pad can be found in the area between the Golgo line and nasolabial fold, while for the lower cheeks buccal fat pad can be found in front of the masseter muscle and right below the cheekbones.
After the procedure, a fixed face band is recommended to be worn for 24 hrs for buccal fat removal; whereas for mailer fat removal, a compression fixation will be performed 30 mins after to tighten the skin.
Facial Fat Removal Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of the cheeks condition
2. Application of either local, general, or intravenous anesthesia
3. Identification of the fat pads (buccal or mailer)
4. An incision of 1 to 2 cm will be made on each side of the cheeks on the fat pad
5. Collection of a suitable amount of fat
6. Closing the incision with sutures
Advantages and Limitations of Facial Fat Removal
· Reduces cheeks fat
· Improves slimmer face
· Contours the face
· Balances the facial proportion
· Redefine the facial appearance
· Enhances a more sculpted face
· No unnecessary damages are done to the face
· Tightens the skin
· Minor swelling may occur from 3 days up to a month, depending on your condition
Facial Fat Removal Preparation
· Fasting is required for at least 6 hrs before the surgery
· Certain medications may need to be avoided as prescribed
· Stop smoking at least 2 weeks before the surgery
· Stop alcohol consumption at least 1 week before the surgery
· Avoid taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs at least 1 week prior to the surgery
· Herbal supplements should be avoided
Facial Fat Removal Post Care
· Sleep with head elevated to reduce swelling for 3 to 4 weeks after the treatment
· Take oral antibiotics and analgesics as prescribed to reduce the risk of infection
· Apply cold compression around the cheeks for the first 3 to 7 days
· Avoid putting pressure on the treated area for at least a week
· Avoid strenuous activities that could risk in further swelling
Q1: Will there be scars?
A1: No, the incisions will be made from the inside of your mouth leaving no scars.
Q2: Will the treatment hurt?
A2: No, normally patients would go for local anesthesia but you can also choose to undergo this treatment with general anesthesia or intravenous anesthesia.
Q3: Will the results be effective immediately?
A3: Visible changes can be noticed immediately after the treatment, but it will take around 3 months to see the final results.
Q4: How long can the cheeks swell from this treatment?
A4: The duration of swelling varies between people and some may experience the swelling for up to a month, but it will only be minor swelling.
Q5: Why do I have to avoid alcohol consumption after the treatment?
A5: Alcohol could interact with pain medication to cause complications such as fluid retention.
[Clinic Name] Bianca Clinic Ginza
[Location] Tokyo, Japan
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins drive from Tokyo Station, Ginza Sony Park, as well as many other attractions nearby
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (10:00AM - 7:00PM)
||3 - 7 days
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date*
|Include In This Price
||Tax, Interpreter Fee
|| Japan, Tokyo, Chuo City, Ginza, 1 Chome−５−6 BIANCA CLINIC 銀座