It Is Suitable For
· Those looking forward for an FUE treatment in Kyiv, Ukraine.
· Those with thinning hair.
· Those experiencing hair loss or balding.
· Those with healthy hair growth at the back and sides of their head.
· Those who wish to undergo a short hair transplant procedure to restore hair.
What is FUE?
FUE is a minimally invasive procedure in which hair follicles are individually removed from the genetically stronger area of the scalp, called the ‘donor site’ and are then restored at thinning areas of your scalp, called the ‘recipient site’.
It is a method to combat baldness by transferring healthy hair follicles to the balding area, hence your hair growth will be restored naturally without any scarring. This method is considered as an advanced hair transplant treatment with massive success rate. In this treatment, a micro-needle will be used to extract the hair follicles individually, making this a delicate and time-consuming procedure. As anesthesia will be administered, it is also regarded as a painless procedure.
Counting the amount of grafts needed is usually done by dividing the hair into parts/areas. 1 graft contains 2 to 4 strands of hair on average. Normally, 500 to 2000 grafts are recommended, depending on the areas of hair loss. 500 grafts can be used to touch up specific bald parts such as the upper forehead part, whereas 2000 grafts can be used to treat almost 3/4 of the hair.
The results take time to be fully noticeable, usually after 3 to 6 months of the treatment.
1 to 3 times of revisits are required to follow up the growth progress, depending on the hair condition.
How It Works
For FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) procedure, it is known as minimally invasive with no incisions needed, in which hairs are extracted individually by punching machine. Each alternate hair unit is removed with no suturing needed.
· Your scalp will first be cleaned
· Local Anesthesia will be performed at the back of your head.
2. During Surgery:
· The back of your scalp at the donor site, your hair will be shaved
· Hair follicles are removed one by one
· Recipient area will be cleaned and numbed
· Holes or slits are formed to place the grafts
Advantages and Limitations of Hair Transplant
· Restores natural hair
· Fulfills the gap of baldness
· Encourages continuous hair growth
· Effective in restoring severe hair loss
· Enhances fuller hair volume
· Bandage around the head is required for up to 2 days after the treatment
· Potential risk of minor bleeding, adverse reaction to anesthesia, and graft rejection and infection
· Recovery time may vary, depending on your condition
FUE Vs FUT
FUE (Follicular Unit Excision)
· No scalpels, no staples or sutures
· No visible scars
· Minimal pain on recovery
· Fast recovery within 3 to 4 days
· Up to 3,000 grafts per session
· 1 to 4 hours of extraction
· Donor site options: scalp and body hair
FUT/STRIP (Follicular Unit Transplantation)
· Wound edges closed with sutures or staples
· Permanent linear scar, up to 30 cm long
· Slightly more painful on recovery
· Slower recovery; sutures to be removed on day 7
· Up to 4,000 grafts per session
· 1 to 2 hours of extraction
· Donor site: scalp
This treatment comes all in a package that includes:
· Free 2nd medical opinion
· Consultation with the plastic surgeon
· Consultation with the anesthesiologist
· 3-Nights stay at a hotel
· 3-hrs day care room stay
· Pre-surgery examination complex
· Airport-hotel-airport transfer
· Post-surgical compression bra
· 24/7 concierge service
· Translation service
Price is as per 1,000 grafts. Additional cost EUR 1 per graft
Hair Transplant Preparation
· Inform your doctor if you have any health problems and drug allergies
· Stop smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, taking hormonal pills, herbal supplements, and medicines at least 2 weeks before your schedule
· Those with any diseases need surgical clearance from their medical specialist
Hair Transplant Post Care
· Refrain from strenuous exercise for at least 2 weeks after the treatment
· No smoking and alcohol consumption for at least 3 weeks after the treatment
· Care should be taken to prevent the loss of transplanted hair for the first 2 weeks
Q1: Should I choose FUT or FUE?
A1: In general, FUT yields the most donor hair. Therefore, the procedure is best suited for more extensive hair loss and in patients where the main concern is the maximum use of one’s donor supply. The hair is maximized because of the precise nature of stereo-microscopic dissection and the fact that all the hair is harvested from the mid-portion of the permanent zone where the hair is most dense and stable. A limitation of FUT is that it leaves a line scar in the donor area. With normal styling, this is easily covered with hair, but it precludes someone from wearing their hair very short. FUE is more appropriate for patients who would like to keep their hair very short or who can’t limit strenuous activities in the post-op period. In general, younger patients who need to keep their styling options flexible choose FUE, whereas those who desire the most coverage opt for FUT.
Q2: Are hairs removed from the donor area re-growable?
A2: No, they are not re-growable as the hairs were removed along with hair bulbs.
Q3: Is the recovery time long?
A3: Although it will take up to 1 year for your transplanted beard to grow to its fullest, you can return to work the day after your hair transplant procedure.
Q4: Will it be painful?
A4: It is painless as anesthesia will be given. Discomfort and soreness may occur but it will be bearable. Our affiliated clinic will also provide painkillers and any other medication needed for you to deal with the discomfort and heal.
Q5: Any precautions I should take before the procedure?
A5: You should let the doctors know about your medical history and current condition. In addition, it is discouraged for you to take any blood flow stimulants or blood thinners prior to the procedure such as coffee, chocolate, vitamin complexes, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin, etc.
Q6: How do you operate during COVID-19?
A6: The same schedule is practised following strict sanitation rules. It is also possible for you to take the PCR test on arrival at the airport - our affiliated point of biomaterial sampling is located on the 2nd floor of Terminal D at Boryspil Airport.
[Clinic Name] Adonis Beauty Centre
[Location] Kyiv, Ukraine
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 2mins from Mackintosh Hotel and 14mins ride to the art museum, Artprychal
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Saturday (8:00AM - 9:00PM); Sunday (8:00AM - 5:00PM)
||1 - 2 hrs
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||No charge for booking cancellations or amendments made at least 72 hrs prior to the appointment date
|Include In This Price
||Consultation Fees, Anesthesia Fee, 3-Nights Hotel Stay
|| 39 Spaska St; Kyiv; 02000; Ukraine