It Is Suitable For
· Those in Mexicali who need treatment for hernia.
· Those with hernia felt through long-term pain and discomfort.
· Those with a hernia that causes numbness.
· Those with a hernia on the abdominal wall.
· Those who wish to repair the hernia and eliminate the discomfort.
What is Inguinal Hernia Repair?
Inguinal Hernia Repair is a surgical procedure performed in the area between abdomen and thigh when a protuberance or a bulge appears. An inguinal hernia is found to be more common in men than for women, and it is often due to the persistent pressure on a weak spot in the muscle tissue.
The bulge can be caused by either abdominal fat or part of small tissues present in the body. Some bulges can be very painful and reported as a burn. The symptoms include the abnormal increament in size, sudden pain, as well as nausea and vomitting.
What Causes Hernia?
The abdominal wall has natural areas of potential weakness, in which hernia can develop due to heavy strain, aging, injury, an old incision, or a weakness present from birth. A hernia can be developed at any age. For inguinal hernia repair surgery, the hernia is usually caused by constipation (which causes you to strain when having a bowel movement), fluid in the abdomen or ascites, and also pregnancy (especially having multiple pregnancies).
Types of Hernia
The common types of hernia are:
· Reducible hernia - this type of hernia can be pushed back into the opening it came through
· Irreducible or incarcerated hernia - this occurs when the organ or abdominal tissues have filled the hernia sac, resulting in not being able to push back hernia through the hole it came through
· Strangulated hernia - occurs when the part of an organ or tissue becomes stuck inside hernia with its blood supply often cut off
Inguinal Hernia Repair Preparation
· Medical evaluation, an EKG, and blood tests may be done depending on your age and medical condition
· You will be recommended to shower with antibiotic soap the night before or the morning of the surgery
· You may need to fast for at least 6 to 8 hrs, except medications that surgeons have permitted
· Anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications may need to be stopped
· Vitamin E may need to be stopped
· Diet medication should be stopped for at least 2 weeks prior to the surgery
· You will need to quit smoking starting from before the surgery as it may increase the risk of hernia recurring after the surgery
Inguinal Hernia Repair Procedure
1. Application of local or general anesthesia
2. A small incision will be made very near the bulge area
3. Abdominal fats will be removed or intestines will be placed back in the proper place
4. The abdominal muscle cavity will be stitched
Advantages and Limitations of Inguinal Hernia Repair
· Improves the bulged areas
· Eases the pain caused by the bulge
· Restores the normal body shape
· Full recovery time can be long, up to 6 weeks
Inguinal Hernia Repair Post Care
· Quit smoking to prevent recurring of hernia
· Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages until the incisions are healed
· Keep the incisions dry and clean
· You are required to move or walk around for a bit the day after the surgery
· Anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications should be avoided for at least 7 days after the surgery
Q1: What kind of anesthesia will I need?
A1: It depends on your condition and the surgeon's decision, the common one will be local anesthesia and in some cases, general anesthesia will be required.
Q2: When will I be able to return to work?
A2: You will be able to return to work within 1 or 2 weeks, depending on your condition.
Q3: When will it be fully recovered?
A3: At least 3 to 6 weeks is needed for the full recovery.
Q4: How should I take care of the incision area?
A4: Wash the incision area every day with soap and water, make sure it is dried properly after.
Q5: Is it a must to quit smoking?
A5: It is advised to quit smoking as smoking can lead to hernia recurring.
[Clinic Name] Hospital de la Familia
[Location] Mexicali, Mexico
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] The hospital is about 17 mins drive from Mexicali International Airport and 10 mins drive from Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mexicali
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (24 hrs)
||2 - 3 hrs
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||A full examination will be conducted to confirm for a hernia.
||Reschedule of treatments can be made without penalty. However, a $250 deposit is non-refundable if cancellation takes place within 48 hrs prior to surgery.
|Include In This Price
||2 Nights hospital stay
|| Hospital de la Familia (Family Hospital), Circuito Brasil, El Alamo, Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico