It Is Suitable For
· Those in Dubai looking for gum treatment.
· Those with gum problems.
· Those with gum diseases caused by germs.
· Those who wish to clean teeth and treat gum diseases.
· Those who wish to maintain healthy teeth condition.
What is Periodontal Treatment?
Periodontal treatment is a combination of teeth and gum cleaning procedures to help control bacteria that cause gum disease.
Gum disease is usually caused by the germs (bacteria) which live in your mouth. The bacteria can stick to your teeth and irritate the gum until it bleeds. Over a period of time, gum disease can eventually destroy the gum as well as the bone which supports your teeth.
Some people are more prone to gum disease than others, and some may get more severe gum disease due to specific causes such as diabetes or smoking.
How It Works
Your teeth will be cleaned thoroughly by scaling, the procedure in which tartar (calculus) caused by bacteria above the gum line will be removed. In the case where bacteria has destroyed some of the support for your teeth, bacteria existing under the gum will be cleaned as well by scaling and root planing.
The number of appointments depends on how severe and widespread your gum disease is. Patients with an aggressive form of infection will require short courses of antibiotics after the treatment.
Periodontal Treatment Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of teeth and gum condition
2. Teeth cleaning will be done by scaling
3. Local anesthesia may be applied in the case where you feel strong sensitivity
4. Gum will be examined and cleaned if bacteria found existing under the gum line
Advantages and Limitations of Periodontal Treatment
· Prevents gum disease
· Removes dental plaques and stains
· Prevents tooth decay
· Prevents inflammation (of teeth)
· Maintains the health of teeth-supporting tissue
· No downtime
· Quick procedure
· A healthier looking smile
· Fresher breath
· Oral hygiene is required to maintain good results
General Care For Teeth
· Brush your teeth at least twice a day - also after eating to maintain the health of teeth
· Floss your teeth once or twice a day to keep the hygiene
· Rinse your mouth with fluoride rinse for at least 1 min before bed
· It is advised to schedule for regular dental check-ups every 6 to 12 months
Q1: How often should I have my teeth professionally cleaned?
A1: Whether you are a child or an adult, it is recommended that you do this twice a year.
Q2: How do I keep my teeth clean post-treatment?
A2: You should brush your teeth twice a day and floss at least once daily. If possible, please use mouthwash too.
Q3: I do not have any gum problems. Why should I scale and polish my gums and teeth?
A3: Many dentists or hygienists provide scaling and polishing even if their patients are considered to be at low risk of developing gum disease. The idea is to "prevent" gum disease.
Q4: Will it harm my teeth?
A4: No, scaling is a procedure performed to preserve teeth and gums, thus no further harm will be done to the teeth.
Q5: Is there anything I should not do or avoid after scaling?
A5: It is recommended to avoid food or drinks that could stain your teeth for 24 hrs after the treatment. Also, its
best to avoid smoking for 24 hrs after getting scaling done.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Hussein Labib Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to hotels, shopping places and pizza restaurant
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:00AM - 1:00PM; 5:00PM - 8:00PM)