It Is Suitable For
· Those in Dubai interested to go for dental care.
· Those who wish to prevent gum disease.
· Those who wish to remove existing dental calculus and plaques.
· Those who wish to have their teeth cleaned thoroughly on the inside and out.
· Those who wish to have their teeth polished by an expert.
What is Calculus Removal and Polishing?
Without proper brushing and flossing, saliva, foods, and fluids in our mouth will cause bacteria to deposit, leading to a build-up of tartar and dental plaque which are unhealthy, unsightly and hard to remove. Most often, it is difficult to notice that plaques have built up around our gums and teeth, which is why regular visits to the dentist is important.
Our affiliated dentist is able to thoroughly remove all plaques using scaling. If not removed, more plaque can build up around the tooth and potentially under the gum line, leading to the progression of gum disease. In addition to scaling, polishing is performed to help smooth away minor imperfections on the teeth such as patches of rough texture, which also protects your teeth from further plaque build-up. The result is clean, smooth and healthy teeth.
Scaling and Polishing Procedure
1. Plaque and tartar around your gum line and in between your teeth are removed with a scaler. This is called scaling.
2. A special paste (prophylaxis paste) is applied on the teeth and polishing is performed using coarse and fine abrasion techniques.
Advantages and Limitations of Calculus Removal and Polishing
· Prevents gum disease
· Removes dental plaque and calculus
· Whitening effect (removes stains)
· Painless procedure
· No downtime
· The procedure takes some time to complete effectively
Q1: What sort of stains can be removed using AirFlow?
A1: Almost any type of stain can be removed with the help of the AirFlow Stain Removal system. Common types of stains that require professional removal include tea, coffee and cigarette stains. In addition, AirFlow is capable of removing stains caused by genetic susceptibility to darker teeth, as well as more severe stains that may be caused by medicine.
Q2: Does conventional scaling hurt?
A2: Conventional scaling tends to be a little bit discomforting for some people. This is why many choose Airflow scaling.
Q3: Will my teeth become white after scaling?
A3: No, scaling and polishing only removes external stains and the original teeth color remains unchanged.
Q4: Will it harm my teeth?
A4: No, scaling is a procedure performed to preserve teeth and gums, thus no further harm will be done to the teeth.
Q5: Is there anything I should not do or avoid after scaling?
A5: It is recommended to avoid food or drinks that could stain your teeth for 24 hours after the treatment. Also, its
best to avoid smoking for 24 hours after getting scaling done.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Hussein Labib Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to hotels, shopping places and pizza restaurant
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (9:00AM - 1:00PM; 5:00PM - 8:00PM)