It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for teeth whitening treatments in Dubai.
· Those with mild to moderate teeth discoloration.
· Those with stains and permanent marks on their teeth.
· Those who wish to make their teeth whiter and brighter.
· Those who wish to improve their smile and overall facial appearance.
What is Teeth Whitening?
There are factors and daily habits that could trigger discoloration or yellowing of your teeth, such as your diet (drinking coffee, tea, soda) and lifestyle (smoking). Fortunately, an immediate whitening effect can be done using available advanced technology such as teeth-bleaching chemicals. Millions of patients worldwide have enjoyed brighter and more youthful smiles with the teeth whitening treatment.
At our affiliated clinic, there are 2 types of treatment method available:
· In-Office Zoom Teeth Whitening
· Home Teeth Whitening
How It Works
In-office Zoom Teeth Whitening is done by the dental hygienists, whereas Home Teeth Whitening is when the patients are given a custom-made tray and a whitening kit to use at home. The whitening effect depends on the shade of your teeth, you can achieve results of up to 8 shades whiter with the treatment.
Zoom Teeth Whitening is the most requested by patients as the procedure is proven to be safe, effective, and conveniently fast in the process. At our affiliated clinic, the procedure is done only by professional dental hygienists.
In-Office Zoom Teeth Whitening
ZOOM is a widely used bleaching process to lighten the discoloration of enamel and dentin. The procedure uses the Zoom Advanced Power Chairside Lamp to activate 25% hydrogen peroxide whitening, accelerating the bleaching process. As the hydrogen peroxide is broken down, oxygen enters the enamel and dentin to bleach a stained surface, leaving the structure of the tooth unchanged and undamaged.
Compared to other teeth whitening procedures, the light used for the Zoom whitening process filters out infrared emissions to limit the extra heat your teeth are exposed to. This is an advantage over laser teeth whitening, which can overheat teeth. Zoom whitening works best on yellow or brown staining, but not so satisfying for grey staining. The light can also target the entire mouth at once, which reduces treatment time.
At our affiliated clinic, the whole process takes up to 2 hrs.
Teeth Whitening Procedure
1. First Evaluation and Pre Whitening Tooth Shade Selection
· Shade is selected from an array of tooth-shaped porcelain tabs for post-treatment comparison
· If necessary, professional dental scaling and polishing is usually done prior to bleaching treatment
2. Isolate Teeth to be Whitened
· Placing dental dam in order to isolate teeth and as prevention from damaging the soft oral tissues
3. Place Eye Protection
4. Apply Whitening Gel
· Dry the teeth and apply the bleaching agent
5. Direct Laser Light to Whitening Gel
· The gel is activated by a light source. This process shortens the treatment time and makes it more effective
6. Leave Whitening Gel for a prescribed time or repeat procedure 4 and 5 depending on the cases
7. Whitening Gel Removal
8. Determine Post-Bleaching Tooth Shade
· Upon completion of treatment, evaluation of the Tooth Shade is done as a comparison
Home Teeth Whitening
For Home Teeth Whitening, a custom-made tray will be provided with 3 whitening gels. A hygienist consultation will be available for you throughout the process and results can be seen within 1 to 2 weeks.
Advantages and Limitations of Teeth Whitening
· Whitens teeth up to 8 shades *depending on your original shade
· Removes persistent stains
· Boosts confidence in smiling
· Brightens smile
· Immediate and long-lasting results
· Low sensitivity
· Safe and comfortable
· Fast and convenient
· May have to avoid teeth-staining food and beverages to maintain the results
Prior to the procedure, a dental checkup is required to ensure that you are dentally fit and suitable for the treatment. For best results, make sure you have had a teeth cleaning session done at least 3 to 4 weeks before your teeth whitening appointment. Please do not skip a meal before your appointment, have a meal that will keep you full as you will have to avoid eating and drinking for 2 hrs after the treatment.
Teeth Whitening Post Care
· Avoid or lessen the consumption of food and beverages that may stain your teeth such as sauces (tomato, soy, curry, etc.), tea, coffee, red wine, carbonated drinks, etc.
· It is highly recommended to stop any tobacco products
· Maintain appropriate oral hygiene (brushing and flossing) regimen to prevent stains from reforming
· Go for regular dental check-ups
· Opt for toothpaste that has whitening agents
Q1: Can any kind of teeth go through the whitening treatment?
A1: Yes, unless there is a dental cavity. If you have teeth cavities, please do get treatment for cavities first. Whitening is only effective on actual teeth, and naturally-caused yellowing. Whitening treatment will not be effective on artificial teeth, fillings, and extensions.
Q2: How long can the effect last?
A2: Results can last at varying lengths depending on your genes, lifestyle, and oral hygiene; in general, they can last for up to a year.
Q3: Do I need an initial consultation before the procedure?
A3: Yes, it is very important to have an initial consultation to evaluate your teeth and gums to make sure if you will benefit from the treatment. Your concerns will be reviewed to determine the best whitening option. Also, any decay or sensitivity will be checked thoroughly before getting your teeth whitened. Moreover, the existing dental works such as crowns, fillings, and veneers will be noted as they will not respond to the whitening effect.
Q4: Once treatment is completed, will the teeth remain white permanently?
A4: Yellowing due to daily wear and tear is unavoidable. Therefore, it is recommended that you properly care for your teeth even after treatment. After multiple treatments, teeth are more resistant to yellowing. Please take care and maintain your teeth just like how you would take care of your hair and skin.
Q5: Will the treatment be painful?
A5: Those with very sensitive teeth will feel some pain. However, the pain is temporary. If you are concerned about the pain, the strength of treatment can be adjusted.
Q6: Is the medicine safe?
A6: The medicine is absolutely safe. It is recognized in the field of dentistry around the world. It is made with similar components as mouth disinfectant and therefore it is completely harmless to your teeth and body. These components are standard in any teeth whitening products.
Q7: How does it whiten my teeth?
A7: The medicine decomposes the dirt and stain absorbed by the teeth. Such dirt and stains cannot be removed by regular brushing.
Q8: Why will I be given a home whitening kit?
A8: After your appointment, a home whitening kit can help to support the in-office whitening; you may be required to wear the tray for 1 hr each day for a minimum of 3 days to complement your treatment. Please remember to brush and floss your teeth before wearing the whitening tray.
Q9: Will teeth whitening damage enamel?
A9: Teeth whitening is safe for healthy teeth and will not damage the enamel; the active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide, which will break down into oxygen while removing the stain, hence will make your teeth whiter with tooth structure unchanged.
Q10: Are maintenance sessions required?
A10: Maintenance sessions every 3 to 6 months are recommended to maintain the beautiful sheen, especially if you smoke or drink coffee or tea regularly.
[Clinic Name] Micris Dental Clinic
[Location] Dubai, UAE
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins drive to Jumeirah Beach, Open Beach & Dubai Water Canal
[Clinic Opening Time] Saturday to Wednesday (8:00AM - 8:00PM) ; Thursday (8:00AM - 6:00PM) ; Closed on Friday
||30 - 60 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Depending on your condition
||Transfer services can be arranged from and to the clinic, provided that bookings are made a few days prior the treatment
||Once booking is made, 20% of the treatment fees will be charged upon cancellation
||Additional checkup / consultation fee may be applicable
||Villa 351 Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates